2006 ACTJAM

Top fun. Cant wait.

If anyone else is driving down to Belco and might have room for useless extras who don’t have cars (like me), it would be rad if they could let us all know. I bet there are several people on the list still looking for transport.

I have one more birth Doc. You’ll need to get to mine (Northmead) someway.

Passengers will need to call ‘bags’

First Class - front seat

Business - back seat x2 window, 1 x centre

Economy - back-back seat x2 window only

can we stop at goulburn for breakfast?

I reckon Rich.

Hey groundhanger, leave the tofu munching jokes to me pal( i am a seasoned hippy hater) :stuck_out_tongue: . Mick i will discuss travelling to canberra with you this weekend 8)

Boris,

Belco is/should be sweet, coping was fixed some months ago and SALBA juiced.

Back from Iraq and the Coast now, damn 2 sandy hot places in a row!

Will suss out Belco this weekend, and other park tour sites.

There is also talk of some Down-Hill carving on Saturday or Sunday with Dave Goggin - Carve skateboards will keep you posted!

Cam Wells, Sean and myself are going from melbourne - we are leaving thursday. Wedge, Marty and others are rumoured - seeing is believing. You Sydney blokes better make sure that idiot savant Dr. Stoopid gets a lift in the boot of someones car. We all want to meet him.

Looked at Kambah today, 1.5 foot of water in the bottom, I have asked ACT Parks etc to look at un blocking the drain, other wise I will bail out on Wednesday.

Tuggers is OK,

Weston great, but she bite me for not riding for 6-7 weeks, Tonight! (damn hang up on a grind!)

I will check out Erindale and Belco tomorrow!

See you in Canberry!

P.S. For the park tour it may pay to print out the deatis fro each park from skateboard.com.au.

A quick itinerary, to remind everyone. (hopefully Braden will be able to add a mpa that I have scanned!)

The Canberra Skatepark Jam
Friday 27JAN06 10:00am start:
Civic; (Ballumbri St Civic),- 10:00,Meet- up sort out cars, loosen the legs in the concrete jungle {breakfast at one of the cafe’s},
Erindale: (Gratton Crt Waniassa), - 12:00 , Another brick in the wall, hit those tight trannies,
Tuggeranong; (Ankell St Greenway), - 13:30, Lunch
Kambah: (Laidlaw Pl Kambah), - 15:00, A bit of old time swing!
Weston Creek:( Scout Place Weston), - 16:00, Carve some bowls, cruise around - check out Shiftys Weston!
Belco: (Emu Bank Belconnen), - 17:30 Experience the sweet curves of Belco, or just sit back and watch the evening madness lead-up
to Saturday.

I will leave hardcopy print-outs at Shifys Civic and Weston if people need them, flyer, map attached and seperate printouts from skateboard.com.au of each park.

Hopefully see you there!

Done.

Braden Cheers!

ALSO for Saturday!

Carve skateboards downhill Carve sessions, demo boards available to trial!

Saturday morning Tindbinbilla 09:30 hrs! Meet @ Moon rock Cafe?
then head to Weston Creek and Gungahlin.

Then to Belco for madness!

Saturday, I think we’ll head straight to Weston with our timing Dave. Lunch and Shifty’s then Gungahlin, then Belco - sound like a plan?

I’m wondering if Dave or any other Canberradalians have an idea how many people are intending to turn up for the Friday gigs. My begging campaign has secured several offers of lifts on Saturday, but I will need to target fresh victims if the motivation is strong enough for Friday.

BTW Dave, will there be a service in memory of FOD? Do contemporary Canberradalians know about the noble traditions of FOD?

thanks, Bill. S

Bill,

Friday looks promising, but I do not have strong numbers:

So far;

Me, Tone Gates, Steve (QLD), Kael (young local),
Scott Spring,
Boris, Skunk
Bernie Whallan, and crew-kids
SAC Reynolds, TOMO and 1,
Carve skateboard crew sometime Friday,
Newcastle crew (Richie etc)
CAM Wells etc?

Cheers

Please add to the list if you are intending to be there!

i am on to it plus dazzla grahamseancareyme and dazzla leave tomorrow at six…

It is rummered that the founder of FOD will be making an appearence on his new Carveboard Sat @ Tinbinbilla then possibly onto Weston Creek. You may also catch him Fri arvo @ Erindale Banks.
[/quote]

Tally So far

Dave Pang, Tone Gates, Steve (QLD), Kael (young local),
Scott Spring,
Boris, Skunk
Bernie Whallan, and crew-kids
SAC Reynolds, TOMO and 1,
Carve skateboard crew sometime Friday, Dave Goggin & Co
Newcastle crew (Richie etc)
CAM Wells etc?
Micky D
Marty, Graham, Dazza, Sean, etc
Carl Frommel?

Looking GOOD!

Great session at Belco this arvo: 20 odd skaters, music, seating going up, tiles painted, coping RAD! Nice cool temperatures!

Hi Goggo,

Does the founder of FOD mean Trevor King or Tim Witton (or maybe Steve, who I haven’t seen in nearly 30 years). Either way, I hope the rumour is true, cause we are talking major Canberra legends here!

Far Out Dudes!

Bill.S