2006 annual bangalow slalom comp

apologies for the stoopid spacing of the post above! Don’t how it happened. Please find rad photos above that.

F#*#K that was mental, that course was tuff, match racing is insane except when you race haggy (just the noise is enough,looking is even sadder). it was a joy to watch a new generation of groms that want to turn & slash. hahaha scoot, its a long year to wonder! see you at the next race but be warned g/hangers & me have new wheels & we’re addicted. it was so rad i wish it was on again this weekend! j.g

Lotsa photos are up at the gravitystunts site.

Most photos tend to make hills seem flatter than they really are. Except this one. Did I really ride down that thing?

Woah, now theres some justice!
Thanks Colin.
Yes you did go down it. And for someone that had no practice before the start of the comp, far too much respect!

Are you guys sure this isn’t just an excuse to have a race for the fastest time to the bottlo?

Umm… Can I ask a newbie question?

Are you aloud to chose which side of the first cone you start your line from? Or was it a strictly left side of the first cone?

I was just trying to pick a good line through the cones.

I can’t beleive Richie did it parallel stance. That’s gnarly!

No you cant pick which side. Otherwise an offset would be a straightliner. You need to go out and around the offsets. Thats the point of an offset.

Michael,
See the white cone the furthest to the left? you would have to go to the left (outside) of that. The offsets were pretty huge on this course, really required you to turn early and keep your line - otherwise you’d blow out, and a lot of people did.
The Bottlo was a bonus incentive to make it down the course!
Watching Richie parallel stance it was gnarly, he was fully four-wheel sliding around the offsets, so killer!!

go for it mick, it’s pure skateboarding , the timing set , making the leaderboard, & the way those race weapons go!, you’ll be into it.