2006 MOSSJAM

Melbourne Bowl Tour, The MOSS Cruise 2006.
Friday 07/04/2006.
That’s the Friday before The MOSS Jam '06.
If you’re in Melbourne for the MOSS Jam’06 this one’s for you.
Old School Skate Sessioning at it’s best.
The MOSS Crew will pick you up and take you on a magical bowl tour……

Here’s the plan at this stage.

Pick up point 1.
Melbourne Airport 9:00am
Book your free pick up on
www.skateboard.net.au – forum – sandpit – 2006 MOSSJAM REGISTRATION

Pick up Point 2.
Queenscliff Ferry 9:45am for 10am ferry.

Pick up Point 3.
You tell us where and we’ll pick you up (within reason)

Session 1.
Rye Cradle Bowl. 11am – 1pm. Allow nearly 2 hours to drive to Rye from the airport.
That’s the upside down thingy.
RJ Rowley Recreation Reserve
Melbourne Rd, Rye
Melway map reference 168 D5

2pm
Lunch break at Frankston. Look over the fence and wish it was ready.
Frankston Skate Park
Samuel Sherlock Reserve
Cnr Cranbourne Rd and Olive Grove
Frankston
Melway 102 E2
7’-11’ Kidney + 4’-5’-6’ bowl + street stuff

Session 2.
4pm-ish. Meet up again at Coburg.
Shred tiles til 5:30pm.
Coburg Pool Bowl
Corner Gaffney St and Jersey St, Coburg
Melway map reference 17 E 10

Session 3.
6:30pm. Meet up again at The Ring of Fire. Blast brick coping until later

Then beer. (over 40’s can just have a mug of warm milk and a lie down).

If you’re just not sure what to do about Melbourne’s Tollways here’s some info;

Tollway costs.
City Link tollways
Weekend pass costs $10.40 And goes from midday Friday til midnight Sunday
Week day pass costs $10.40 and lasts for 24hrs from your first trip

You have up to 3 days after travel to pay on the net at www.citylink.com.au

Or give Wedge the cash and car details and He might do it for you (if you ask him nicely.

Rye cradle bowl is RAD, but allow nearly 2 hours to drive from airport or Northcote.

If anyone’s planing on staying at Rye before the bowl tour here’s accommodation info

Rye Hotel 03 5985 2277 (a bit posh?)
Walking distance from Bowl
$135 per night for 2 beds

Rye Kanansta Caravan Park
9 Sinclair Ave Rye
Walking distance from Bowl
03 5985 2638
1 only x caravan with 2 double beds $60.50 per night per van
1 only x cabin with 1 double bed + 3 bunks $77.00 per night per room

Rye Foreshore Reserve 03 5985 3288
Camp sites only

Sorrento Back Packers 03 5984 4323
8km from bowl
3 Miranda St, Sorrento
$25-30 per night per person

MASH / SOS crew thinking of flying down early saturday morning and coming back sunday - sing out via pm.

Virgin flights return about $250 - $270 depending on departure times.

GH has costed a rented bus for 8 at $150 each for the whole trip. Planes don’t stop at hot spots!

Who needs road trippin’ hot spots when Melbourne itself sounds like one big Muana Loa.
Virgin flies from Newy (Williamtown) so I’ll try to make the 9:00am pickup for the bowl tour Friday. @#$%, I can’t wait. I haven’t skated in Melbourne for 20 years.

MOSS JAM and The Snake Free Zone.

Are you Hardcore or RSL ??

If we get too many crusty old farts in one age group we will split it into two groups so nobody gets snaked out.

Group 1. RSL’s
Returning Skaters Legion for guys that stopped skating for ages - like 10 to 15 years+
(No, sorry, but there won’t be a division calcutaed on age + number years off the board + current kilos).

Group 2. Hardcore
The full-on guys that just kept on skating through the decades, or just anyone that wants to be Hardcore.

Hey Mr. Reginald ( RSL Wedge ) Francis …what are you doing on the computor at 2.30 a.m. ?
Do I have to come down to MOSS '06 or can you just post me my ‘HARDCORE over 45’ trophy and prizes ? I think it’s back to winning by default for me…ahhh the pressures of age and maturity

You’re jumping the gun there Fox. Both Wedge & Old School Richie are over 45 too, and if I know Wedge, he may be ‘RSL’ but he’ll be going ‘hardcore’ on the day !

Every cloud has a silver lining. The internet is the silver lining of the cloud called insomnia.

We’ll only split the Hardcore from the RSL’s if there’s too many in the 45+ers. So Mr Fox sir, put on your striped tube socks sir and carve the death box yourself sir.

45+ is going to be tough. Errol, Ganimal, Johnny Gray (maybe).

Sir Errol, are you going to grace us with your presence and the sartorial elegance that is the SOS King of the Bowl Jacket.

Warning: the innocent should look no further.

The following is a completely unsolicited image recently and mysteriously sent to me by Robert ‘Wedge’ Francis (interpol have been contacted):

Aside from the intrinisic interest one feels in observing the continuing evolution of Mr Francis’ socks, one is entirely at lost to supply an explanatory context for this image. Is it possible that the jocularly named ‘Wedge’ is attempting to put on his silver linings? Does this alarming gesture relate in some way to the tremendous anxiety the gentleman in question feels about the prospect of going head to head in hardcore competition with John ‘Fox’ Wlliamson?

Where is Johnny McGrath? Is he about to emerge casually from the door in the background, wearing his lenless powerglasses?

Wedge,
Have been planning on coming down all year, for Thurs - Mon, but then Mrs Errol very recently got offered some work she couldn’t say no to, right across the MOSS.06 weekend, working late into the night as well. This of course presented us with childminding issues of most urgent proportions which we have only yesterday fully sorted !

So, YEAH ! I’ll be there. Coming down the Deadly Hume Thurs with Ground Hangers & crew in the hired van, so should be well rested(?) & ready for bowl tour Fri morning. Can’t wait.

Errol, So you won’t be rolling in the Fossil and Grommet then.
Great to hear you can make it.

And as for you Dr Indiscreet, if you thought that private image I sent you was weird, just wait til we put you in this thing…

Is it a pipe? is it a bowl? no it’s a cradle to stretch you planar facci.

Newcastle contingent JetStarred and accommodated.
Cozmick, Gravel, Johnny Bogaerts and KB will be in a hire car at Tullamarine at 9am Friday. (It will be the one vibrating with kinetic energy).
Thank Ratstink that Melbourne is the coffee capital of the southern hemisphere.
If I had to put it down in less words, they would be…
“Next fortnight be gone”.

Do grommets (30-35) have to show ID this year?

Errol, I’ve just realised I can’t come on the bus tour. I have lectures to give on Frudays, and because I had to cancel today’s, I won’t be able to cancel my lecture that Friday. NO …OOOOOOO (raising fists towards sky).

GH is gonna revoke my right to exist!

XXXX

YYYY

:smiling_imp: :imp: DR STOOPID HAS LET EVERYONE DOWN AGAIN :imp: :smiling_imp:
Just who is going to give the melbourne crew a run for there money if you dont come on this trip? tell me who?god damn it!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: