Back yard halfpipe

Was just after a bit of advice really about what size transition would be best for a minipipe that could later be extended up to vert???

Since a standard sheet of ply is roughly 8’ X 4’ I was thinking the Mini Pipe would be roughly 3’6" high from bottom of transition to lip then at a later date extended to about 7’.

Would a 7’ or 8’ transition be best?

Plus whereabouts on the Central Coast would be best to buy the ply etc?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PC is probably the best person to contact for that.

Walker bros timber…Gosford… :wink:

Your calcs sound about right Major S.
2150 (7") radius at 1100-1200 (4") high would be fun. lip angle would be about 64 deg.
Taking it to vert would be a fairly tight curve for a mini if you don’t have a lot of flat bottom.
2450 (8") radius at 1200 (4") high would give you a lip angle of 60 deg.
A bit mellower but still enough to give wheel clearance for rock trick & slides, grinds, etc.
Try to get in 3 - 3.6 metres of flat if you can.
I get my plywood from Mr ply & wood at Tuggerah & framing from Mid Coast timber at Tuggerah. Screws, bits, bolts, etc from BWIP at Tuggerah.
Usually best price & quality. Make sure you use Aust/NZ standard ply & timber.
That imported stuff is total shit.
Detail your coping carefully. 7mm projection = best. Use a 42mm I.D duragal pipe coping with 3.25mm thick walls. This makes it 48.5mm in diameter. Or what they call 50mm.
Hope this helps.
Give me a call if you have more questions.
I hate typing.

Hey Matey
I went to call you a few days ago but I got a new phone which for some reason hasn’t copied your number over, Can you send it to me.

After mini ramp foundation advice for sloping ground?.

I have a 8m Long X 3.6m wide X 1.13m high mini ramp looking at putting it on a sloping ground from level at one end to 800 to 900mm high at the other end.
I’ve seen this guy rampplans.org/forums/?board=sug; … 395;start= do it with besser blocks and timber beams.

Basically besser blocks dug into the ground under gravel footings at the lowest point to posts in the ground supporting timber beams at the higher points( beam running across the ramp).