Bendigo (Eaglehawk) Bowl

On the back of some really great weather a small crew of us took the drive over to Bendigo yesterday. Sadly, and I feel compelled to report our findings, Bendigo has very serious leakage and, until some remedial work is undertaken, the beautiful bowl is ostensibly unrideable. Still, a ‘short’ drive back to The Shed and the day was saved!!!

Yes mate some MAJOR leaks what a bugger!

OH NO :open_mouth:

Not the magnificent clover bowl :cry:

One of the Best Bowls in Victoria, is it leaking from cracks or seams or is it just blocked drains ?

Karl, I am certainly not technically minded however, it appears the (dirty) water is being drawn up, at a number of spots, through the concrete joins in the bottom of the bowl …we probably should have taken a photo!!!

It is interesting to note that the bowl is much higher than the adjoining lake but the water being drawn up is the same murky brown/rust color.

Sounds like a drainage problem more than anything, similar to what happened to Knox.
The extra water in the area has back fed and blocked the drains so the water finds a way to get to the surface
The drama comes later, if they dont fix it quickly then the ground under the concrete becomes saturated pockets
form filled with water, then as the water subsides the ground shrinks and the pockets become gaps and the Crete
cracks and if they havent fixed the drainage the cracks leak. Can be a costly repair if they dont move quickly.
They had to replace the bottom of Knox eventually.

anyone know if the bowl still under water?

I hope not because I was hoping to head up there with a couple of mates while on Hols in the next couple of weeks.

Can someone please let us know if it is skateable !

Hey guys, I had a quick roll at Bendigo today. The bowl is shagged,
looks like water has sat in the bottom for some time. It’s dry now
but there is a film of slimy scum over the entire bottom of the bowl,
unskateable. The lake was close to overflowing and I assume that once
it peaks again the water will seep into the bowl.

The rest of the park is fun but was covered with glass
and the ubiquitous scooter scrots.

What a waste :imp: :angry: :smiling_imp: