CROSS - Canberra Region Old School Skaters

Michael,
from the intersection east about 50 m’s is clean, beyond that is mainly weeds and grass in cracks and joints, little dirt. To the west, the shorter but steeper run (i think this is the section you called the drop in bowl) is fairly dirty…a bobcat with a rotary broom attached and a couple of likely lads would have it clean in no time.

Dave,
keen to check out Ainslie with you and help with clean out, just say the word.
Weston tomorrow, half ya luck, i’ve got to work. Thats the problem with this midlife crisis, i’m not wealthy enough to fully enjoy it.

Check it out. Potty and the boys from skateboarding.com.au have been hard at work down there!

It’s funny how when you’re a little kid of 12 things look sooo damn huge, but then when you’re old enough you can see over the top.

Yeah they look tiny in the photos! When you’re in there though they feel a lot bigger. Like you said though, not as big as they used to seem!

Still, I love Spence. Couldn’t get enough of them when I was in town.

If this link works

Here’s a recent shot of Jimmy at Ainslie, those Rainskate wheels ruled the joint!

There’s me ute, fuck yeah Ainslie was a blast, Dave cleared a couple of hundred metres at the top with a broom, then i did a couple of hundred meters but got lazy and made just piles we had to dodge like slalom around and negotiate cracks and drain holes, it was Gnarly and insane, hit a couple of my lazy piles until i watched Dave kill it flat out, figured the lines, survived slaming into my lazy piles of leaves and debrise. Its a must , you know your alive, but will any of us get to pop a Boneless on a Street style Hosoi like MR Mulhall back in an ole Skating Life Issue of the 80’s??? :smiling_imp:

haha… Yeah Jimmy, that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw your pic. It was on that gap just behind you. I did a few boneless ones at Balmoral yesty in prep for the NACCOSS session next weekend. Ainslie is sooo much fun huh. I’m gonna have to dig up the pics from my first time there with some of the old Woden crew.

Did you skate Kambah while you were there?

Hell, yeah, Pangy can post a pic of a frontside grind at Kambah. That placed killed my legs, hard work indeed.
Yes i accidently read that article in an old Skatin’ life in the shed the other week, flat top and cool shades era for you Mick. :smiling_imp:
what happened to the rip saw?? rocket air :smiling_imp:

Yeah, you wouldn’t think Kambah would be such a workout. Perhaps it’s just our decrepid state.

Ahh yes, the ripsaw. I only had it for a week or two. It got stolen at that Hardcore demo at Martin Place with Hosoi, Gator, Hawk, Mountain, and many others. I was sooo bummed after having spent hours doin my grip graff.

I have another funny story about that demo. I had just done the Manly demo with Hawk, Mountain, Steadham and turned up to Martin Place with them. I was checking out the coping on the ramp when the powers that be said there was no way I was gonna skate. Hawk turned around and said he wasn’t gonna skate if I wasn’t, which was a bloody shock. But the other powers changed his mind for him. And that’s when my board went bye bye.

All I have of that ripsaw is photos to cry over. I was almost tempted to buy a re-issue.

Any of you guys skated this place? It was getting fixed up pretty good back in Summer '04 until some disgruntled bike riders trashed it. No idea why!

Mexi,

I ride by it every day, check out the water level and additions!

Spud and a number of other crew rule this place, I just don’t have the coordination and street sense to get that palce dialled!

Yeah last time I was there it was when Spud and Phil were building that ledge and were starting the vert wall.
According to them though it’s been trashed every since. I hope that’s not the case! I only found out about it in 2004. Those Western Creek boys sure know how to keep a secret!

Paul,

Should we bite the bullet (66’s) and arrnage a roll this week.

We have talked fro a fortnight lets get rollin’

Any preferred locations and day?

I’ll say Weston Creek or Civic, Wednesday evening!

Dave,

Sorry mate, sometimes life just gets in the way.

Weston sounds good, Wednesday evening sounds good,

what time suits?

Paul

+C+R+O+S+S+

Hey Paul,

I am a mate of Mexi’s… I use to skate back in the day. I am keen to get back in to it just for laughs. If you guys are meeting at Weston this wednesday, may as well count me in?

• Liam

I am f#%ken stoked you Canberry boys have got it happening,good shit.
About time.
Now all we need is the boys from the Gong to get it happening too or is it already happening down there.

PS anyone know how Bazza is going, did his busted leg mend OK.

OSR from NACCOSS

Liam,

Look forward to meeting you on wednesday evening, not sure what time as yet, stay tuned.

Paul

+C+R+O+S+S+

Weston has lights!

They went out at approx 9:30pm last week,

Lets aim for a 8pm start? Wednesday 6th Sep 06.

Allows travel etc if that is too late I am happy with a 7:30pm start (not being sure where people are travelling from etc family commitments)

See you at Weston!

8:00 @ Weston it is;

I’ll be the old guy, all padded up & strugglin.

seeya there

Paul

+C+R+O+S+S+

Paul,

8pm @ Weston.

I’ll on the Black Label Olson Chequered Past!

Struggling even more!