INGELBURN DRAINS

Good luck up in Byron Haggy.

Count me in for a ditch session. I’m kinda bored with just skating at monster.

I’m cool with Sunday 4 Jun. How about everyone else?

Michael - Thanks for the well wishes. It’s gonna be a great weekend of racing!

4th June sounds good for me.
From Sydney take the M5 and turn-off at the Brooks Rd exit at Ingelburn.At the roundabout turn right on to Williamson Rd,the drains start around 1.5-2.0 klms up the road on the right-hand side,but I would suggest driving up to the next roundabout and parking somewhere near the service station.The drains are smaller up that end and run down hill and get larger in height from there.
SHOULD BE A HOOT Bring soft wheels and old bearings

Just talked to Jamie. He is actually going this arvo to do some reconnaissance at Ingleburn and finish up some restoration work that he started 18 years.

We were both thinking it might be cool to give the day an 80s theme, as a follow up to the recent 70s-themed bank shootout and to give the dude something to look forward to. It wouldn’t be under the imprimatur of any organisation (unless someone wants to call it a MASH event). No sponsors or prizes either - except that I will give out free glow sticks to everyone 8) There would have to be a streetplant section and possibly even a jump ramp (ouch!). I am coming as David Byrne in his big suit …

whadayouse reckon?

Also, should be a bit of skate tomorrow down at Bondi bowl during the day.

THIS " drain skate tour " is now being organised for the 4th of June. The S.O.S. is having a quick meeting at Bondi bowl tomorrow afternoon to sort out some details and then a FLYER will be posted on the “skatejams” thread here @ charlie on the w/e . The flyer will have an RSVP for details on where to go and how to get there.

I’m Coln - I’ll be there

John why make a flyer for the occasion?

Would you guys tolerate some NACCOS with your SOS on June 4.? Or would that be too draining?

I’ve always wanted David Byrnes fat suit. Do you have two Dr?

Cozmick Avenger, vendor of fine paella, I would exalt in any NACCOSS presence at this event.

Mick, if you are willing to catamaran with me down the spillway, I will try to find a suit big enough for both of us! (sorry, all this eighties talk is obviously making me feel a little Adam Ant or Boy George or Spandau Ballet or Milli Vanilli or Morissey or something).

Let us all moonwalk towards the future and do ourselves a favour under a proudly new romantic SOS banner! Better start unpacking the stirrups, narrow leather ties and the kilts… leave your safety gear at home, but bring shoulder pads for your power suits, coz

Wadda ya mean leave safety gear at home? You can’t get more 80’s than my pair of 2-tone nylonny MadRat skateshorts - pity their so bloody small they really only fit on my head these days…

I’ve got some Skate Rags shorts ala Mike McGill in two tone maroon and grey. They do fit but sort of leave me looking like a young John McEnroe or Jimmy Connors. :laughing:

hey all thanks for the support. went out to the drain in minto last night and smashed with a sledge hammer and chisel the steel thing that made the drain unskatable .goin back out on sunday with some other friends from that area to clean some weeds off the platforms and sweep it out .im goin to borrow a camera and post a shot soon .once you see this thing youll be in awe. i had bout 6 runs yesterday in the halfpipe end. so fun ollie over the big drain .thesnake run part needs some work but im on it .cant wait for this session.

smooth enough for reg coretech’s Jamie?

I have though, assembled just last night an 80’s SC fish blank (courtesy Braden - first board I bought off him), six tracks, 1/2" risers and BDS cowskulls. Thing is a Landcruiser compared to my regular skate :laughing:

yep cortechs no prob.but if you have a softer set it might make it a bit smoother.

R.S.V.P. : SKATEFOX@HOTMAIL.COM

Ive set up my ripper with some soft no skools I may have my devil batt by then and I found my leather tie and clear plastic belt

Hi, I will visit the drains about 9am tomorrow Mon the 22nd May and take some pics for the mash crew to get you revved up and keen. But could someone advise me of the best way to post the photo’s, I’ve heard that you use photobucket, is that right.

Yep, photobucket is the way to go. Copy and paste the bit that says [IMG] ****[IMG] into your message and your good to go!

Here is an example: this is what I would intend to ride if by some miraculous circumstance I actually get to attend this fine event.

OG Schmitt Stix Miller Dog, Stage 5 Indys, OG Bullets, Cockroach rails

Now to scare up some 80s clothes!