Jay Adams flyaway helmet repros?

I’d be more keen on the UK ones. In fact, I wouldn’t be in the Jap one at all.

Yes the custom paint jobs on the UK ones are truly something steve - just like the originals.
Maybe someone here can do you a paint job over the jap one.

Since its the noggin protection that is my whole reason for even messing up my boof hair with a helmet I’m happy to go with the Jap one. I fall off so often I’d just mess up the beautiful paint job on the UK one anyway. Count me in. Just make mine orange.

Is’nt Skoot an airbrusher?

Talked to the uk airbrushed helmet guy, and he stands by his product…which is enough for me. Waiting for him to get back to me on price…how maney are keen on these babies?

Not me - prefer a tested lid thanks.

Give us the details on the jap lid - I’ll go after one. I kinda prefer the modern monocolour update rather than the retro.

Beats me whether either of them would pass oz safety standards…
details for jap one is
http://www.8islands.com

Thanks for that Braden. Checked it out. Don’t read japanese which is a slight problem. But its clear from the photos that they are laid up fibreglass (like the originals). Which is a bit of a worry. Since there is only a thin layer of glass and some open cell foam padding strips (on the ventilated model) between you and the road. No impact and load spreading styrene layer. I don’t think thats good enough - fibreglass shatters. There was an incident a couple of years ago when David Hegstrom was injured downhilling with a flyaway on because it shattered when the back of his head hit the deck. Now if the UK ones are the same I’ll give em both a miss.

you going to melton?

here is the email from the UK airbrushed helmet guy:

Hi Braden,

The price for the lids will work out at about £55-£60 for the finished item, including airbrushed basic finish,( as seen in the H-Boyz.com site).

Postage will be approx. £50 for 6 lids, £60 for 8 lids, insurance up to £500 is £10.00 and should take about 10days.

I am currently making shells in various gel coat colours, which I will finish off and photograph the end item. Each person can then choose their helmet, alternatively if anyone has a specific colour preference then please let me know and I will try to oblige. Likewise colour of airbrushed panels/stripes can be specified.

Let me know what you think, regards Peter.

Sounds like you’ll struggle to get 6 orders together…

Current exchange rate is .4191 so say 70 pounds landed = A$167@