Mayfield skate park.

Mayfield has a new skate park.The last section was poured yesterday. people were skating there that afternoon the last section of the bowl wasn’t damaged but some bikes did ride on it.Fairly good park for its size.Don’t know when the official opening is but should be soon.Took the kids about 5 years to get this park so it shows you how slack Newcastle council is.A kid by the name of Liam Robertson was the one responsible for getting the ball rolling on this one.He wrote to his local member of parliament Jonh Bartlett when he was 13 he is now 18.

I should elaborate on what the park is like. This is a Concrete job and it don’t look too bad. They have done a good job (they have got Sac Reynolds on board) The park consists of a small bowl section with a hip on one side and a flat bank on the other side. This leads to a pyramid with rail and ledge on one side. Once over that you can take on a 1/4 with a small return which has another flat bank along side it.You can work the flat banks together as they oppose each other and there is a box off to the side.Heaps of lines but it is rather small, the 1/4s are only about 1.5 mtrs high. no vert.

I should elaborate on what the park is like. This is a Concrete job and it don’t look too bad. They have done a good job (they have got Sac Reynolds on board) The park consists of a small bowl section with a hip on one side and a flat bank on the other side. This leads to a pyramid with rail and ledge on one side. Once over that you can take on a 1/4 with a small return which has another flat bank along side it.You can work the flat banks together as they oppose each other and there is a box off to the side.Heaps of lines but it is rather small, the 1/4s are only about 1.5 mtrs high. no vert.

It is located at Dangar park on Maitland rd Mayfield east not far from the pool .Hunter valley skate shop is just across the road.

Hey Richie, I went and had a look this morning. Nice finish on the whole setup. Lots of dirt underfoot and gear everywhere so the job’s not quite finished I guess. This might replace our Wednesday night drive to Slam.(?) Just around the corner from your place you lucky man AND just down the street from my school. School sport options never looked so good.
Mr Cos the science skater teacher(LOL)!
I got this info from Mayfield Mainstreet c’tee in an email.

Mayfield Skate Park is here!
What’s happening next?

Be involved in planning the Future of your
Skate Park
Turn up at 2pm- 4pm
(opening ceremony & events for 2006 to be discussed)
6th May 2006
Dangar Park
BBQ & DRINKS