Melb Guys

So guys, after our thwarted by security yet enjoyable session at Highpoint, where do we go? How about this?

It’s been there bang smack in the middle of town for Simpson and his donkey’s years. I must do some recon and check out the gradient but I reckn it could be a goer.[/img]

The soldiers that patrol have a very clear line of sight, but if were zigzag’n maybe hard to hit??? :laughing:

:unamused: Looks good :unamused:
Where and when…Hambo :wink:

On the topic of carparks for skating - forget about shopping malls with 24 hour shopping and security guards - what is most suitable is an industrial estate. These are generally empty on Sundays. There are some around Box Hill and I guess right through the suburbs. Just a matter of finding a good one with the right grade. Also office parks = there is an office park near the corner of Springvale Road and Burwood Road (I think) that must offer plenty of smooth empty bitumen on sundays. These could be very good spots for a sunday slalom session.
Another rainy Sunday recon mission.

agreed Michael…good spot. Lots of others in vicinity.

Monash uni has a multi deck which looks promising, just in off Wellington Rd on the Blackburn Road side.

Has anyone tried the security response times on Sundays?

Good slalom spots are hard to find… That is one of the unfortunate realities…

But you’re on the right track with Industrial parks. we just checked one out over the weekend - looked very promising. butter-smooth mega-wide roads with no one around.

I’ve looked at many cycle tracks in parks sydney - so far only two have been decent for slalom. Most are too narrow, or have no hill, or too rough, etc… But keep looking, when you find a good spot you’ll know.

One thing I’ve thought of is billy-cart hills. I’ve been to one in Sydney - it was too rough but wow would be awesome if repaved. But some places have dedicated billy-cart tracks. Open up the map and start looking!

good luck spot-hunting. Looking forward to coming down in Aug-Sept to ride with you guys!

Haggy, let us know about 2 weeks before you get here. That way we can organise what we will be doing.

To do list:

1. MELTON SPILLWAY
    2.??
    3.??
    4.??

feel free to add to the list everyone :unamused: