MOSS. Melb Old School Sk8 Sessions

MOSS Session Tuesday 8/3/05 5pm til late.

The new bowl at Epping is finished. Let’s crank up the generator and lights!

Epping Skate Park
Meadowglen Reserve
Mc Donalds Rd, Epping
Melways 182 J10
Its right on Mc Donalds Rd, on the western (left!) side of the car park entrance. The athletics centre is well signposted.
Next to Salvation Army House thing

Photo’s of Epping
www.skateboard.com.au > Forum > Skateboarding > Some Epping Photos

Photo’s and chat at
www.skateboard.net.au > Forum > Sandpit > MELB OLD SCHOOL SK8 JAM 05
www.skateboard.com.au > Forum > Skateboarding > MOSS
members.dodo.net.au/~elismith/skate.html

I agree with Bill Bryson when it comes to hand rails…….
From “Bill Bryson Down Under”
“Down town Canberra is primarily a series of plazas wandering between retail premises, and devoid of any sign of life but for a noise of slap and clatter that I recognized after a moment as the sound of skateboards. Having nothing better to do, I followed the sounds to an open square where half a dozen adolescents, all in backward-facing baseball caps and baggy shorts, were honing their modest and misguided skills on a metal railing. I sat for a minute on a bench and with morbid interest watched them risking compound fractures and severe testicular trauma for the fleeting satisfaction of sliding along a banister for a distance of from zero inches to a couple of feet before being launched by gravity and the impossibility of maintaining balance into space in the direction of an expanse of unyielding pavement. It seemed a remarkably foolish enterprise.”

Wedge
0412 177 956

The Police are patroling Epping and chucking out skaters until it’s officially open. So we’ll have to find another venue for Tuesday.

I am up for the Ring. Anyone else got a vote?

Wedge

I’m in, made some progress today with Marty…thanks Marty!

Did you drop it Braden??? Hope so, would be great to hear the cheer go up Tuesday!!!

Nope still a bottom feeder, but I’m closer to the top and my carving is better…discovered a bit of speed.

Fantastic!!! Inspired to get faster and go higher!!! Im loving it at the moment too!!!

Better every skate is it!

Here’s the election results for Tuesday’s session

Northcote: 3
Ring of Fire: 8 (including the bloke with the generator)

I will be sessioning The Ring of Fire, unless there is a re-count. I’ll be there about 5-5:30pm.

My bones are still sore and tired from the Bowl Tour & MOSS Jam! And the Ring is the best place to learn some of Bret and Cameron’s tricks.

If yuz all are going elsewhere please ring me.

Wedge
0412 177 956.

Next session; Coburg Tuesday night 15/03/05 5pm til late

Unless Epping is officially opened.

But if it’s raining we hit The Ring of Fire. Forecast as at Thursday “Rain Developing 27”

The lads want to do some out door sessions before daylight savings end and the rain starts. Those who love The Ring will get plenty of time there with winter in the way! Northcote fans, it could be your turn the following week?

If anyone wants MA15+ rated photos of the PSC girls at the recent Vans Rye Bowl Jam please ask me.

Photo’s and chat at
www.skateboard.net.au > Forum > Sandpit > MELB OLD SCHOOL SK8 JAM 05
www.skateboard.com.au > Forum > Skateboarding > MOSS
members.dodo.net.au/~elismith/skate.html

Addresses:-

Coburg Bowl (Melbourne)
Corner Gaffney St and Jersey St, Coburg
Melway 17 E 10

Epping Skate Park
Meadowglen Reserve
Mc Donalds Rd, Epping
Melways 182 J10
Its right on Mc Donalds Rd, on the western (left!)
side of the car park entrance. The athletics centre
is well signposted.
Next to Salvation Army House thing

Ring of Fire Bowl
Next to Fun City / Saloon Bar.
234 Ballarat Road Braybrook 3019
(Melway Ref: 27 E11)
Near the corner of Ashley St.
$20 to join, includes first skate. $5 entry after that.

Wedge

hey people next week 22-3-05 the call was to go to northcote (dry) or r.o.f (wet) if this is cool its on if not let us know. also next week is the billabong tour for vert pigs wednesday 5 to 7 at prahan and friday at federation square wednesday bukey lasek and brian patch.but i am keen to see yokie sk8his airs are at the 8ft mark last year and he had the flu. ps. braden you hit the coping saturday backside dont forget it was a better session than tuesday thanks :smiley:

Thought I felt something that day!!!
Had me wired all week, gonna hit ROF early every sat- sun morning I can.

differently the best time to session there no gromets there all in bed playing tents still. :laughing:

Ok Marty, Tuesday 22/3/05 Northcote. ROF if wet as you say.

Wedge

Go “Skateboard Mum”!

Leah’s got it now.

Is anyone rollin’ on Tuesday?

Wedge[/img]

Count me in

I’m in, where?

What an Easter…skatepark tour from heaven!!! Warnambool, Portland, Heywood, South Mt Gambier, North Mt Gambier and to top it all off tourist photos of the old Corio bowl…where yes, Bill the crazy maniac dropped in!!! BTW…I CAN DROP IN NOW GOOD AND PROPER!!! North Mt Gambier was my fav park!!!

WELL DONE LEAH!
Post some pics.

I have to get them put onto disk, I have a good old fashioned camera…me thinks we are going to have to update!!! Did I mention that we managed to fit in some dirtbike riding and a middle of the night skate too!!!

The “Blonde” will henceforth be known as “Blodie Mc Dropkins”

Nice work!

I wondered what was so exciting that you had to call me so early this morning.