Muz and Skoots 15min of Bondi fame

It was the last heat of the big names and Cam began working the crowd towards the old school jam I turned to Scott and said ‘what do reckon should give it a go’. Him um and ard and said it could be a big pro snake cession, the crowd was huge and I know he was just as petrifed as I was. I walked past Borris, Danny, Jammie ,Bill, Greg, my friends, my peers, the men I look up too all urging me to have a go. Should I, dam it put those pads on face the fear. After the hardest warm up I have ever put in the bondi street I heard Cam calling us up for the old school I hid behind two big security dudes and watched who was going in the jam. I saw Mal , Jammie, Bill , Mick M, Baz, Borris, and of corse good old scott who I know saw me warm up and did not want to let me down. Im in, what the hell this is the bondi saturday avro line up anyway I walked to the shallow end of this sacrid bowl and glanced at fins tile and thought to myself John help me please. The boys all looked at me smiled , time to drop in, I push the BTS over and slipped my front foot on checked the deep and pushed a good drop,make that first kick turn yea Im in down the water fall pump hard up to the wall pump that backside got it great front side shallow bitt lame carve up and down make look like you know what your doing down the falls agian and up the big wall don’t go for tiles just make it ok its over just pop out next to Mal and Bill ok Im home . Relax , 6 runs till your next go calm down great music, tap your foot air gittar your board smile at that girl thats smiling at you . Run 2 lousey bad footing listern to bill and scott come on Muz, Run 3 a good one nice and fast now its time to have a good go. Mullhall back side air hard act to follow let Jamie go big 50 deep end,next guy unkown bailed smith, push her over Good drop tiles shallow now pump her hard big carve head to the deep hear the boys ,Tiles MUZ TILES mist it dam don’t give in ,I could hear Cam push It MUZ tiles deep yes yes Got em . Pop out embrace the boys, Growd all smiles, What a Day and What night to come , How could your not love skateboards. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

great story, good one mustang and skoot!

It was a typical MASH jam with hype and i couldnt help but feel great for you Muz, i almost lost my voice over you.

How could you not love skateboards indeed…love it!

The Black Knight of Dulwich Hill has left his sublime mark on the tiles of Bondi once again! Listen Mark, it is the gentle of the coping calling from beyond. “Grind me” she says, "grind mje good and hard, and I will be yours forever’ …

BS

typo: " gentle call of the coping’… :blush:

Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Pile on many more layers and I’ll be joining you there.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
And we’ll bask in the shadow of yesterday’s triumph,
And sail on the steel breeze.
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser,
Come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine!

oh wow, like now its all coming together … Mustang Mark is the lost lead guitarist for Pink Floyd! He pre-invented street skating with the deep question ‘can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?’ (not to mention the contemporary global crisis in security with the question "a smile from a veil’?). After years recovering from the excessive use of tiles in a Dulwich Hill sanitorium he has finally re-emerged to begin htting tiles in an even more crazily self-destructive yet ultimately enlightening sense …

oh man, its just coming in constant waves now … uh … what???

The freezer man…go to the freezer

Muz’ u da’ man,

The smile on ur’ face when u’ hit the blue tile lounge was the high point of mine & a lot of peoples day.
Steve Van Doren was next to me & was cheerin’ u on as well…it was the raddest, u just caught in that verse wot it is all about, I have droplets of joy runnin’ from my eye !

Awesome Mustang, truly awesome…

So proud of you brothers.

Miles of smile hey Mark. Nice work mate. I managed to sneak in a couple of runs in at Belco just after the rain. Same deal !! Felt good just to have a go. Good times.

T.

Aww geez, I bloody missed it. I was in some weird twilight zone somewhere between a growling stomach, blurred vision, a twitching right eye, and trying not to end up in hospital again.

A whole bunch of people came up to me at the pub telling me how you hit tiles for the first time, and I was bumming that I wasnt paying more attention to your last couple of runs. You must have done it after my vision went blurry.

I’m soooo stoked for you Mark. Bloody good job son.

Just before I left the bowl for an emergency cold shower and nap, Danny told me that I had won. It was at that exact moment that I decided that I wanted to share the love with the boys as much as I could. I told Danny and Sasha that, and they were stoked.

Seeing you and Scott in there made my day even more fun mate. It was both of you and your sheer guts in getting in there, and the friendship that you’ve shown me since we met that made my choise an easy one. I hope those beers were the freshest to ever go down your gullet.

Go Mustang and Skoot!!
Wish I could have been there to see it all go down.
So you are a member of the blue tile fraternity now Mark, congratulations.
(and at the mother of all bowls-Bondi)

I’m wondering how long its gonna take me to get tile at Frankson when its finished?? Look forward to skating with ya when the MOSS jam happens.

Top job Mustang

sean, u’ll get em 1st run… a nice styley frontside

Congratulations Mark, I wish I could have been there to see it. :smiley:

I remember the first Bondi drop in and that was a blast as well!

That’s what makes this sport great, challenging yourself and pushing your personal limits…

You deserve the accolades considering how diligent you have been in getting down to Bondi every Saturday morning. It’s either the skating or the white pointers that keep you coming back, either way it’s working! :wink:

That was so much fun. As skatexec said it was awsome to skate amongst so many world class skaters and legends etc. Big props to Mick Mulhall. He has nothing to prove and clearly had heaps of fun jammin the over30’s bit. I went as hard as I could given my injuries. On that note, I spent all of yesterday going from doctor to xray to ultrasound to doc and today had quarterzone injected into my shoulder. There is quite a lot of tissue damage there and I may need a small operation. Wish Id have seen this new doctor 4 weeks ago when it happened.

Bummer I missed it. congrads Muz n Skoot

Whoa… That was a doozey. My last post in another thread turned my head upside down.

Anyway… You know how much I love the way you slalom into, and out of your deep end carves Scott. It reminds me of the way we used to skate the freestyle pit at North Ryde skatepark. Thanks again for your friendship and inspiration mate. Love your work!

Thank you so much for the these kind words gentlemen, speical thanks to Mick Mullhall Scott and I where deeply touched be your gesture. I still have so much more to master in this wonderful pastime of ours. Anyway time for a funny story, Leeanne brought along this bird from work who has never seen vert skateboarding before shes kinda sexy in a way and has been raised prim and proper but proberly goes off in the sack. Leeanne went to get some drinks , she turned to me and said ‘‘Mark this is such a bad boy sport’’ yea cool hay , " Its making me excited " yea me too, ‘‘no Mark I mean that way excited’’ ,’‘can we go to this after party I want some phone numbers’’ :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: