Nice photo at Maroubra

Hi guys, I wasn’t sure where to post this picture but, thought it would be ok here. I took this one today. Thought I would share it with you. Any comments most welcomed.

Cheers,

Nice melon grab by Kel. I was there at lunch hour with Mal and Mal. I missed him. Kels rocks.

Saw Kel today, he stuffed his knee up (shortly after that shot) and is out healing for a while.Great Photo “Guest” . are you a photographer for Slam? Please do 3 things for me. get a logon with Charliedontskate and come to one of the MAS*H skates and give Kel a published photo in Slam

Must say its a ripping photo!

agreed, great photo…more please!

Mosu101, thanks for the comments. I’m a Freelance Photographer and I’m trying to get some photos into Slam and some other Mags. Currently, they want some ‘Old School’ skaters so I might hang around between Maroubra and Bondi for the next few months.

Anyway, here is a photo of Mal. I’ve given him these so I hope he got them.

Cheers for now - Enjoy,

you’re kidding that your a professional, right?
first shot lacks contrast etc
secound shot is too busy and centred

in fact both shots are centred
and your reliance on photoshop is obvious
sorry mosu101 but snap shots and photos are different things

“Guest”,

It might be nice if you could provide constructive comments about the framing and lighting - as you obviously have strong opinions (and probably some skills in this area). Anyone interested in firing off a few frames and then posting them here - and then asking for comments - should get a fair reply.

Your points about framing are a fair call (in my humble opinion). Giving the shot some more “tension” by showing a bit more of the bowl (position the skater about 2/3rds of the way up and a third of the way in (on the relavent side) could help: The old rule of thirds in framing is a good place to start.

That said, I reckon the shots are cool - keep 'em coming!

Cheers
Chuck

“guest” have ya had your coffee for the morning?
whatever you want to call the pictures is fine with me. I like them as they are of friends skating at my local as well as the fact the pic’s are better than I could do.

So guest post some of your photo’s

Guest 1 who shall be known as Bill did ask for opinion but hey Guest 2, man you’re a bit harsh in the tone dude.

“I’m a Freelance Photographer and I’m trying to get some photos into Slam and some other Mags.”

Keep it up Bill :laughing:

Guest (I suppose #2 now) cos I’m now registered. I have never said that I was a ‘Professional Photographer’ however, Pro and Freelance are very different.

To answer your question about centred photos. The second one has had no cropping or any Photoshop work to it. The first one has had cropping from the bottom, which I tend to agree with you that more bowl showing will probably be better however, there isn’t much more that would benefit the photo. It’s fine the way it is.

I suppose, photographs are a ‘Like it’ or ‘Hate it’ open and shut case. It’s a bit like Art. You either like the painting or not. Anyway, I’ve had photo’s in Mags before so it’s only a matter of time again. Might see ya around the bowls some time. You can’t miss me - I’m the one with the camera. :laughing: :laughing:

Stakexec, mosu101 and anyone else I missed thanks for your comments

Cheers,
Bill

Bill rocks. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: 8)

Good call Bill - I hope you didn’t take my comments (hopefully constructive) the wrong way. Props to you - bring on the pics! I look forward to seeing you out there some time.

Cheers
Chuck

Not a problem Chuck. All comments are constructive and no offence taken. The frame was created in Photoshop CS if that helps you. Very easy to do so I can send you how etc via PM if you wish.

Cheers,
Bill

Sorry about that, not sure why the guest sign on came back.

Not a problem Chuck. All comments are constructive and no offence taken. The frame was created in Photoshop CS if that helps you. Very easy to do so I can send you how etc via PM if you wish.

Cheers,
Bill

Not a fan of the frame, seems a little pointless. Everything you need should be in the photo, the rest is window dressing.

It’s good to see some constructive banter going round.

Eli I think you spelt your location wrong should it not read MOSSman?

You can take the man fom the MOSS but you cant take the MOSS from the man! sob… sob… sigh!