Original Salba 1989

Just thought I’d share this, the Salba is my board from 1989 when I lived in South Africa, my old mate Pete Furneau, himself an RSA skating legend, found it somewhere and now has it in his collection.
He said I can have it, but I have to collect it. What are they worth these days?

its in reasonable condition, all the graphics are there but the real problem is its not nos (new old school, as in old school stock in as new condition)

nos its worth $1500 maybe much more if its a rare colourway.

used it varies and depends how much the ebay bidders want to pay.

you could get $500 or maybe $200 depends on your luck.

Best way to find out what its worth is to list it on ebay

post a link to your auction when you do, and good luck!

should add, the schmitt stick is awesome, Ive never seen that one before

Nah me either,

hows this for coincidence, 2nd time Ive seen this deck (edit to add that its not the same deck) is 2 days latter in the ebay watch for april

features.skateandannoy.com/ebayw … pril-2011/

(link pinched from Skullandbones but most of you know that already…)

That would be your board from 1989 :slight_smile:

$2-300 tops.

The Tiger is worth 600-800 max imo… 2 have gone off this year, one was still in shrink. Out of shrink NOS was 600ish, in shrink was 700ish
Some of the SC decks have dropped of a little in the last 12 months… they go up & down though, you have to pick the time to buy or sell properly or you can lose out.

Also the Brite Lite failed to sell for the 2nd time … its now back up for 900
http://cgi.ebay.com/Powell-Peralta-Brite-Lite-Skateboard-Deck-Britelite-70s-/170643615949?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bb26f0cd

Thanks Scott, had a blonde moment. I may go to South Africa next year and collect the board. It will be a wallhanger next to my DtoD re issue.

Yeah $200 would be OK given $600 for a NOS one, but you’d also find this sort of condition down round the $100, like Dr says depending on demand at the time.

Great if you can pick it up on a trip over, for your actual old stick you rode from a mate I’d give whatever he paid plus a case of beer for finding it :smiley:

Nice Cab Bearing :open_mouth: dont let Mwstone see it :smiley:

Haaa haa - hey Don - how’s things mate?
Too late, I’ve pm judgek already, but no reply as yet.
I’m still on the hunt for orange powell pigs.

Scotty is on the money, $200 -$250 on the SALBA, no more.
NOS ones are only getting $700 these days, the reissues have killed alot of the values in the market, not to mention the GFC and the recovery to the USA, which pretty much dictates the values of collecting.
Another factor is more boards are being found, everywhere!

Dont worry about the value, if this was one of yours as a kid, then the memories are worth more. But I must say if you had that board as a kid, you did not skate it much :wink:

Cheers
Taras[/i]

$200 max