Scotty T's wall and riders

One could say I have a mild addicition. Dave Pang said he liked to hear stories behind boards so all mine have a story;

Sims Screamer 2: A mate gave it to me for some slabs. It was his as a young kid, I restored the laquer and stuffed the gaphic slightly.

Grabke Exploding Clocks: Wrong colour, very used condition, cost too much but I like it. First pro board I owned.

Skateistan popsicle: signed by heaps of competitors at Bowlarama this year while I was getting other boards signed for sk8istan.

Kwala popsicle, mint 8 inch version of the first board I skated when I started again.

Kendall popsicle, reissue print on a glow in the dark popsicle.

Kendall 30 years, gullwing trucks and bullet wheels. Had the OG Kendall as a kid, can’t afford the OG now, and there are no crap ones like the Grabke I got.

Hardtimes reissue, because I can’t find an OG and that was the last board I had before I stopped. Reissue was damn hard to find!!

CROSS, because CROSS is the best.

Kwala 8.25 popsicle with griptape stencil of our dj crew logo. My rider for the past year, retired.

What’s left to get? Variflex Voodoo, OG purple dip Grabke, and OG blacktop green stain Kendall. Maybe a Reflex pig with 100’s, boards I had. I don’t want anything except to ride…

Daily rider, 5.5 Destructos and Rainskates 57s with Bones Reds.

Hardcore pool rider Indy 169’s, Creature OJ3’s and Bones Reds. Thanks Hambo and Nathan.

Ditch rig, CROSS deck with Tracker Darts, Zig Zags and some cheap bearings with blue covers. Thanks Paul CROSS, Ross CROSS and eBay :slight_smile:

PPS slalom with modded DA BEAR ™ truck, PPS wheels and… Bones Reds. Cheers Hop :slight_smile:

Sector 9 downhill outta the box with bigger Kryptos, thanks again Bathurst Nath!

Oh yeah my son’s street rig, Kwala 8" deck and wheels, Thunder Lites and my 1989 NSK bearings. I should put those away and give him some Bones Reds :smiley: He mostly rides the cross ditch rig at the moment…

And his wall, the board he won in the raflle at CHC Capital Punishment this year, he likes the graphic, thinks it looks like “Runescape”!!

Scotty T - great pick up on the grabke - saw that on snb looks great! murf

Thanks murf, had to grab that one because a year of watching didn’t yield any others, I either missed out on SnB or I didn’t have the wads of cash required for the really good couple that went.

Collecting has ground to a halt though, as my wife has decided she wants to do roller derby and skates aren’t cheap. At the very least she won’t be silly and buy more skates than she can ride to hang on a wall :unamused:

Anyone else in Oz got an exploding clock? There were very few here back in the day, I never saw another one.

Other thing on the OG boards I’ve noticed is the thickness of the ply, they were damn solid things!

fuk scotty boy blokhead are the fukin bomb amongst bomb skateys…yup i got stories about nefarious liberation of flowage blokhead back in the day son…them ryde boys were the filth mongers…cheers murray an bad ronald…(bad ronald was a known bad boy…used to knok of his gp dads mercedes git drunk an flog it around…usedx to regurgitate on dudes heads litterally vomit on priks heads then giggle about it…aahhh them wuz the days boy…) :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

A lot of the Roller Derby crews are willing to lend gear to people just starting out in it and can help out getting the good gear. The VRDL (Victorian Roller Derby League) is a good start point rollerderbyvictoria.wikispaces.com/ they are on facebook and myspace as well.

Cheers Mick, but she already carved up the credit card and stuff is being shipped to us as we speak. Fairly confident move on her part, but so was I when I bought that first Kwala as a complete. Board + safety gear cost me about $300 and I got the board first which was a mistake.

The missus followed the advice on the Canberra roller deby site and ordered pads in first but the skates might actually be here first, lucky we have plenty of gear to get by. Was a tad more than $300, but not by much :smiley:

Oh yeah Ita the blockhead looks the bomb but it ain’t. I think it was stored in average conditions for the 6 or 7 years since it was made, and it’s a bit of a wet biscuit with a twist to boot. I am still keen to get a photo doing a frontside grind on it, just have to deal with wobbly twistiness :slight_smile:

fuk yeah scotty ill snap the pic meself when i git over"there"soonish like ma man in amsterdam…amazingly…kyle there has one o them kwalas almost idenstestical…where the puk did boyo git such hhhooorrrttt sheet??oh yeeeaahhh twas him thither scumby t imself…cheers cuzwald… :smiling_imp: dont worry about the pistol txt matey you ainyt anywhere near being on the shit list…mewwy kwistmas mister lawrence…oh yeah its kyles plastic gangsta shooter…14 in tha box 1 up tha pipe mate triple laser dot matrix laser fader…to complex to explain…nik named dead eye dillbert with this peice…c clas laser and difuser…u can blind x combatant as well assend rounds down range on top em bahaha…on the spot 4cm groupings easy az…cranio cavity triple taps there in hades by midnight…liquidaters anonymous is the latest 12 step fellow ship im into…think i seen age propin the door frame but hey like i said anonymity is the spiritual foundation of ours step so carry the message not the name… :laughing: oh dear take care my bro from anutha ho…u now wats goin down mum wise yeah keep in touch!! :unamused: :wink:

Not sure how the Canbeeraa folk do it but I know here in Melbourne you start at “Fresh Meat” training and have to pass fitness and skills tests before they will let you into the smash and bash business.
Went to a few bouts last year on an indoor roller hockey rink. Was pretty cool to watch.

I’ve had a couple of updates to the collection and quiver since October:

Built it and have skated it a few times, can’t believe I used to haul such a heavy board when I was young!

Variflex trucks and OJ Street Razors. Yet to have a ride on it.

I fear if I ride this one it’s going to snap quickly. These feel like balsa wood decks, guess you don’t notice when you’re 14. Ridden once or twice by a kid in the 80’s.

Mongoose fibreglass deck I was given by my neighbour, reshaped into a super mini less than 22" long! Sick fun. Again hardly ridden due to fkd shoulder :angry:

98 Wet Willy from World, Venture trucks and Blind wheels. Given to me by somebody to whom I mentioned I skate. Do it often, you will get free boards.

I like this one, nice example of a fairly contemporary and now rare’ish board, great colour matching by original owner (female, that’s probably why) Indy trucks, Satori wheels, looks to be ridden about twice in the driveway. The price was right, my wife might one day ride this one, she said so :slight_smile:

The Atom Man Army keeps growing.

A pink Voodoo too, the trucks risers and rails on the Sims are from this, as are the wheels and bearings on the super mini. Mega twist and delam but it looks good on the wall for 60 bucks inc shipping with the bits. The Landspeed is from CONS, check the landspeed thread in Skateshops. CONS was one of the lads I met in Canberra after hooking up with CROSS about a year ago, rad dude.

addict - collection is growing nicely! need money to feed habit! :smiley:

As far as the wall goes, only three to go, all the OG grails I can’t have yet for one reason or another :confused:

Lately I am addicted to riders, I love seeing a whole bunch of boards to choose from, having only ever had one board at a time as a kid :slight_smile: OG riders look so tough!

Still into riders.

Took this bad boy out for a roll:

I put the first grind marks on the trucks (very mild ones from steel coping) and took the shine off the wheels yesterday, appears not to have been ridden in the last 25 years, and not much riding back then either.

So much fun and a real challenge for me to actually get a grind, on a mini ramp! Ollies like a no flex plank should :wink:

Sick little jammer you have there :open_mouth:

Cheers beers, first game of eBay I’ve won in ages :wink:

Update, basically how it rolled in the 80’s bar the more modern 169’s and the colour of the deck:

Street Shadows moved to this appropriately:

Gone daddy gone:

New ditch killer:

Sick old style all rounder:

I got the Jammer because it would have been what I got if my folks could afford it. I sold a Variflex complete for it and am not that interested in my other crappers, a Reflex from 85ish and a K-Mart SKATEBOARDS print China made fibreglass shitter from 79. While these would be nice to look at they are crap and I’ve stopped at the Variflex on the wall. If somebody has a Reflex going for 20 bucks I’ll grab it :slight_smile:

So rather than the $79 I saw a K-Mart shitter like mine go for recently, I came across some other fibreglass decks basically for free and spent a few bucks doing em up:

That’s a rider, it will be a slalom weapon once I mount the trucks right. They are so crooked that it’s pretty scary.

I had planned to ride this Bahne, but it’s hell flexy for an 85-90 kg dude, and I just can’t scuff those NOS Power Paws :slight_smile:

Scotty hope the wing is behaving. That G&S I had, only remember cause of the top. I’ve done to much stuff to remember most of my rides and have been asking mates for a refresh of my mind.

Have been putting a little story together for my fakebook fuckers. May post on CDS but it started off small and is getting a dose of the ben hur’s.

Dig ya riders & stuff

Seeing the surgeon about the wing in August, it’s been pretty good lately with me being pretty lazy and not skating much and taking it easy when I do.

Nice that you had that board, it’s really stiff for a fibreglass board, have a roll on it next time you’re in town, bring back some more lost memories :wink:

Got some repair stuff for filling the old holes so should have the trucks running straight soon.