skatepark etiquette

Southbankboy - your MTB offspring incurred the wrath of the Black Night of Dulwich Hill :smiling_imp:

crikey :laughing:

This be the the Black Knight battling a parent whose kid just snaked him on a bikeā€¦

Take away the horse and replace it with a skateboard. The helmet is different andā€¦ oh yeh no sword - but you get the idea.

Maybe heā€™d look better with a set of Allen Keys jammed up his clacker. :laughing:

Alimac. Some BMXers have big problems. They are dumb because AUST is one country where most parks allow bikes to be used. It takes years to learn other peopleā€™s lines. It sounds as if it was a deliberate case of trying to intimadate you. These gronks need a smack up the side of the head for being assholes. They f^%k it up for every one, including themselves.Please take advantage of the offer to be accompanied by a sk8 buddy cause I have seen some bad shit go down.We donā€™t need you to be put off sk8in by assholes on bikes.Thanks to all the bike riders who do the right thing talk to your Bros cause they will f@%k it up for you all.

Keep on rolling all skaters are with you (world wide brother/sisterhood of skate boarders)

OK LETS GET ONE THING FU::ING STRAIGHT I HAVE NEVER FLUNG MY BOARD AT CHILDREN SIMPLE I DONā€™T HIT STUFF THAT CANā€™T HIT BACK. DID HAVE THE SHITS YES,DO SKATE BOARDS COME WITH PEDELS NO ,DOES DULLY HAVE A HIGH SPEED ROLL IN YES, DOES IT HAVE A FAST DROP IN NO, DO DUDES ON MOUNTAIN BIKES PARK THERE ARSES ON THE RUN WAY YES, DO I SKATE ON YOUR MOUNTAIN NO , WANT TO RAM SOMETING IN MY ARSE COME AND TRY IT :imp: :imp:

Good Lord.Ive created an anger thread;skater/biker showdown.NNOOO!!!
Mark,UPPERCASE is scary AMERICAN DUDE SPEAK!!!
Chill out,the Black Knight is coooooolllll!!!

I remember asking the Black knight if BMXicans should ride Dullo and he said

ā€œNONE SHALL PASSā€

:laughing:

If that BlackKnightā€™s guarding the Bowly Grail, I hope heā€™s still got a leg to stand on. :smiley:

Youā€™re right there Ali, this is one of those topics that ignites, lets say a great deal of passion amongst the punters. There are pages and pages of vitriol, silliness, and occasional wisdom on the topic at that other skate site. Similar to the many threads of passionate declarations in honour of Ozā€™s 2 most loved skatepark designers. Iā€™m not gonna mention names, in case a spot fire of passion is ignited here on charlie. Lets not go there.

But I must say I was encouraged by SothBankBoys posting of ettiquette from feeblebmx - it indicates some bikers are aware of their place in the world of skateparks. There are bad eggs in every bunch though, and one hopes the wiser peddlepushers educate others along the way. Otherwise there is no choice but exterminationā€¦

I have no doubt the Black Knight is cool and is justified in defending his yard against the powers of evil. However when you are 11 and weigh about 1.5 kilos he may appear ever so slightly intimidating as he patrols the battlements of Castle Dullo.
It is interesting to be a parent and watch these dynamics take place, the only time i have ever intervened was at St Ives when a racist slur/standpoint was taken. Will not tolerate that. It is good for the boys to interact with Local guardians such as the Black knight as they learn aforementioned Skatepark etiquette, common sense and street smarts. :smiley:

ps can I have my Allen keys back now?

Thrust into the field of noble debate, the Black Knight of Dulwich may soon find he has not a leg to stand on ā€¦

Happy Boithday to meā€™

Cam, may I wish you and your flanno many happy years to come.
Although I am moved by the occasion of your birthday, I would be prepared to organise a major internationaL event to celebrate the anniversary of the day you and your flanno first came together.

Or is IT the dame date? Were you actually dragged screaming into the world already pre-flannoed? I believe it ā€¦

Thatā€™s just a flesh wound!

HB Cam! When are you going to grace us with your flannel presence? Missa ya last night at Parra ā€¦not-kewel not-rad :cry:

MASH Bondi Saturday morning is on.

MASH road trip to Shoalhaven Heads, Gerringong and Kiama Sunday.

Happy Birthday Cam!
whereā€™s the party???

Wot do u doā€™

Thanxā€™ Braden (Front page propsā€™ā€¦heh-heh)
raising a moment & emotions in me never b-4 captured, heh-heh-heh, a moment full of tears, when meā€™ best mateā€™ kicked it in ! (sob !, & collective sigh) raising it from a pup (a mere blank piece of wood, up to itsā€™ then stage of 36" by 10.5"ā€¦

Cheers once again to uā€™ Braden ferā€™ hookinā€™ up the perfect replacement deckā€¦Go daā€™ DP
I think Iā€™ll go bomb sum undergroud garages 2-nite (a few bevysā€™ in tote) on the new galā€™ ferā€™ meā€™ boithday !
But the roll over the w/end looks mighty tempting I reckon, anyone got a spare seat ferā€™ sunday ? (Iā€™ll load the refreshments, heh-heh)

U hittinā€™ it 2ā€™ Mosuā€™ ?

nah, im baby sitting (sob)

Black Knight , white night, who gives a shit my names Mark this arsehole has acussed me of psysicaly harassing some kid. I recall politly asking the group in question to please move off the roll in , why I was alone simple the guys where feed up and took off home. Donā€™t hide behind your computer have the balls to front me you clown you know where I am on Sunday mornings and by the way this is a skate board site go spread your bullshit on some Broke back mouintain bike .com where you can tell all your little friends about the nasty man at Dulwich Hill. And Bill stop stiring the pot with the monty python crap, this guy has realy offended me and intends to take cheap shots via a chat room go on front me mate donā€™t let fear hold you back :imp:
PS Happy birthday CAM canā€™t wait to see your new board have a skate with over Easter mate :smiley:

Chill Muz - not worth gettin the blood pressure up man.

I posted the first Knight pic *digs muz in ribs and winks

Dear Mark

I donā€™t know who you are or what you look like. All I recall is that on the day in question there was a skater there who wasnā€™t too happy with the situation and made his point by throwing his board in the ā€œgeneral directionā€ of the yoofs. One of whom happened to be my 11 yr old.
I am not hiding, nor am I a clown. Whether you consider me to be an arsehole or not is up to you. I was not taking cheap shots, merely relating an incident and how I percieved it. Someone else on this site has suggested that you may be the skater. Not me. I already explained that I didnā€™t think the incident required parental intervention and felt no concern or need to front the person at the time.

Nice site guys, never mind, signing off, see ya.