Swansea- Lake Macquarie.

Convic have been awarded the contract.
They might get over here and do it when they finish Dubbo.
Lake Macquarie council are not busted arse like Newcastle City Council. LMCC want to build more in the next few years.
John Bogaerts has a copy of the plans. He says there’s something in the design for everyone. John is a cop in Lake Macquarie and has had a bit to do with the LMCC people and he skates better than you… I’ll post more when it becomes apparent.

Coz wheres JB?
M.I.A. ?

I’ve tried to call him…
can we swap the plans with the one for san jose… please…

Share the pretty picture soon please…

ohh yes we wanna see… 8)

See if you can get CONVIC to bring the pipe forms down from Dubbo :laughing:

Lets hope they put a fullpipe at Swansea. It’s a long way to Dubbo from anywhere, except maybe Dubbo.

Not much chance of a pipe that big going in at Swansea. Unfortunatly.
2700 radius = 5400 high. ( 18 ft )
The site is right next to the channel, so the depth they can go below natural ground level & still acheive drainage is minimal.
The amount of fill required would be huge.
I think the best they might get for a bowl on that site is 5 - 6 feet deep.
I might be wrong.
Hopefuuly it will have something to carve.

Wishfull thinking on my behalf. Fingers crossed on the carve factor. Good luck.

Fill to raise the platform height is cheap (free even) - compacting it costs some but not a fortune. Real issue would be Council requiring certification the fill is kosher so close to the channel - you’d probably have to buy in screened, certified dirt at $20/tonne…

Be a shame if they only build 6ft :cry:

On a side note: The full pipe has gotta become a haven for shitbags huh? Let’s hope Dubbo’s experience is a good one so other Councils consider the full pipe option.

Response to the “side note”.

Gotta keep wheelie bins as far away from the place (full pipe) as possible.
That’d be a good start!

Hint hint to Dubbo council

I missed JB’s call…spewn
whats up BUDDY?
Can we see a copy of the park plans PLEASE!!!

P.S. THE STREET RATS HERE IN NEWY HAVE BEEN HOUNDING ME FOR INFO…

So flow the info LADS!!!

hey brad just seen the post
i remember jb talking about it so is it finally happening
can you post the plans :laughing:

Saw JB Sunday night. I have the plans for swansea…
ummmm forgot them today ooops…
I have been offwork monday and tuesday this week.

Will post it up tomorrow…
max 1.2 or 1.5m high so NO VERT bohohohohohohohohohohoho

plans r up at HVS (Hunter valley skate)…
as of tomorrow… 11th June

I’ve had no internet for a month…bohohoh

JB rang me this morning. Park got through council at a meeting last night. It’s front page of the NEWC Herald today.
JB got up and spoke from both a skater’s and policing perspective to dispel resident myths about neg aspects of skatepark usage

• eg. magnet for pedophiles was one argument!
    Well done John!

Huge bumpity bump.

Saw on NBN news that some prelim earthworks have begun.

We’re gonna get a new park,
We’re gonna get a new park! :smiley:

From the other site:

the 'molester 'call is pretty funny though there will be one less now ‘orkopolis’ is doing stir.

sorry if this offends you but another piece of crap.but looks pretty.

+1 Marty, looks F*&%ing awful.

That there is exactly what kids want to skate. If only they knew the joys of a flowing run :cry:

When we tripped to Lithgow the kids were trying to skate the bowl with their truck bushes crushed to within millimetres. They watched us old dudes carvin around and couldn’t do it. The look on their faces when 1. they stepped on one of our ‘turny’ boards; 2. when they carved a line at speed though the bowl for the first time… These are the kids whose opinions commitees design parks around.

We can be thankfull there’s enough old heads at CONVIC and the like to get us tranny anywhere really.