THE BOWL - A - RAMA 2006

Who’s got the goods on what is happening on the 25th @ Bondi ? Time to kick down with all the info bro !
CAM WARD :
You are the closest to the production so what is the deal ?
Is it the same as last years best trick on 5 different spots in the park ?
Are we all to get wristbands to keep everyone inside the competition arena
What time does it start
Is there a bowl jam
Are there more pro’s coming out ( Bondi Skatepark is rife with rumours ).
Will T.A. be coming from N.Z. ( no jet lag ) or strait from the states ( jet lagged ).
When do omar and tony and keenhan get here ?

If security is tighter than last year can I suggest all the S.O.S. / MASH crew set up a ‘spot’ either on the grass hill behind the shallow end of the bowl or a spot in the carpark for hanging out, heckling and other adult- skater things ! Bring along a folding chair , drinks . hand written signs on old bedsheets and binoculars. Throwing plastic cups and racist jibs are also encouraged later in the day.

just found out from the latest flyer that the lack of info is all Waverly Councils’ fault.
World Cup have taken it over and there is a $50 entry fee for the comp with $5000 prize money.
Great idea to have an old school riot zone…can we mexican wave as well ?

I have some very different theories.

Man, I am just doin a bit of MCin’ u know…

I dunno what’s happnin’ at all as far as the actual details, only know whats happnin’ from what I have been readin on the web (same as u guyz).

I think that Chad is back from NZ’ & I will attempt to gain some concrete information (get it…concrete, heh-heh-heh)

Chad Emailed me last night he asked if we could help put up the fence at 7am ,I said cool if we get to set up our of course congregation area as Fox has sugested. As for TA and others still no details as yet, he stated that he will be speaking to him within the next 72 hrs he reminded us how much he loves to party and hit on women :confused:

The Mash / SOS area was going to be outside the fenced area Mark because most of us won’t get security passes I envision. I didn’t get one last year and happily watched the chaos on an uncrowded grass hill and the carpark last year. Anyone inside that fence / competition arena would need to have insurance or they should have anyway ( a permanently injured skater or crew member will need to be compensated : ’ event insurance ’ )
Don’t forget guys bring your folding chair, sunscreen, binoculars and eskies. Don’t bring your wife or girlfriend if TA is not skating LOL
Don’t forget to practice your mexican waves.

JOHNNY THE FOX

Will Cam be ordianing dress rules for the event? If so, where can participants hire a full flanno tuxedo? Will there be a Cam-Cam to capture this important aesthetic achievement in the history of globo-flannelisation?

Stoopid

If I wave at the Mexicans and obey the dress code it will have to be in flanno pyjamas. That’s all I got in flanno. What to wear…mmmm? Mucho in disguiso con gusto per me! Something non-corporate and perhaps a bit retro…argyle socks! A pair of volleys…yes… and some AMCO cords. A Crystal Cylinders Hawaiian shirt (coconut shell buttons )and I’m there!

If I wave at the Mexicans and obey the dress code it will have to be in flanno pyjamas. That’s all I got in flanno. What to wear…mmmm? Mucho in disguiso con gusto per me! Something non-corporate and perhaps a bit retro…argyle socks! A pair of volleys…yes… and some AMCO cords. A Crystal Cylinders Hawaiian shirt (coconut shell buttons )and I’m there!

oops :frowning:

No flannel shirts in the MASH pit !

After a hard dayz’ work, I am sippin’ a vb (swillin’ actually) wrapped up in the tender baby kitten warmth of flanno’

Am hopin’ fer’ a reasonably kewel day of sorts to entomb myself in flannelette on Saturday (heh-heh)

Forget Jimmy’ Z’…the new deal is right in ur’ Target stores fer cheap as chips’…u 2 can be a blokeman ! (heh-heh-heh)
Bring the esky’
&lets all sing the anthem…
‘I’m a bloke, I’m an ocker’ & I really like ur’ knockers’
"I’m a bloke, I’m a Yobbo, & me best mates name is’ Robbo’

Can’t remember the rest right now, but it was an iconic piece of Australian music…
Dont’cha agree ???

can i get it in fluro colours :laughing:

Fluro Flano’

Now thats a statement…
Hey Jamie ???

I have gone through a flanno phase…but nowadays am more partial to a hawiian shirt, the more lurid the better!

IF Cam and Jamie merge their seemingly opposed but equally extreme sk8 fashion powers (Transformers style) for the Bowlarama will the result be Flounel? Or Flaro? Either way, I’ve got nothing but a floppy blue Kanga beach hat to protect me …

Stoop

I can probably organise some shelter if we’re allowed to assemble something on the hill there Fox?

Flanno tarp on tomato stakes I’m thinkin’

meanwhile back to the point of all of this… I think, from rumours at bondi, the gig starts at 10am on sat morn. If a skate under lites doesn’t happen on wed. nite then Fri nite could be on instead… stay tuned.

fox

SKATEEXEC
I’m not sure what council rangers reaction to shelters etc. being put up at the gig will be but I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to try …we were talking a couple of ( blow off in the wind and spear someone in the guts ) beach umbrellas

FOX

its just rumor but i heard that tony alva and steve caballero is gonna be there but meh :open_mouth: