THE BOWL - A - RAMA 2006

Tony Alva, Omar Hassan, Chris Senn, so far are confirmed
Cab is still a rumour but probably not
Tony Trujulio is off ,injured and not coming
If any Melbourne crew are still coming is a mystery ( Renton, Trevor, Corbin, etc. ? )
Contest is a WORLD CUP rated and run Pro event
Entry fee is $50 for 1 or both contest events
Contest starts at 10am with entrant registration
First event is a jam format bowl contest
Second event is a best trick contest in the streetcourse
There is an after party at the Beach Road Hotel featuring ’ van she ’ and D.J.'s till midnight

Sydney Old School crew are required to congregate in a designated area adjacent to the contest to emulate the worst aspects of a drunken crowd
of supporters at a cricket match

Thank you and good night

cool i will go if i can

Event sponsors at this point are, Vans Shoes (Mr.Van Doren go hard matey), General Pants, Red Bull (pls. in the vodka), The Beach Road Hotel (lookin’ forward to a good after party), Pro Tec Helmets (yes, they do come in different shell sizes M.Blades),Monkey Say Online Magazine, Australian Skateboarding Magazine, Insight Clothing, Blinde Sunglasses, & World Cup Skateboarding.

offical and unoffical pratice session tomorrow afternoon ( fri ) promises to be a good session to watch or join. Real fun starts at 10am Saturday-get there early to ensure a front row seat

new over 30’s open comp annouced. Entry free is a donateable article of clothing and it is to be judged be T.A. himself.Check the ’ news forum ’ for more details

Bowl jam: 1st’ ; Omar Hassan
2nd ; Renton Miller
3rd ; Adam Luxford
4th ; Chris Senn
6th ; Corbin Harris
Over 30’s 1st ; Micheal Mulhall

lux got third - excellent! i missed it, someone give me the lowdown please.

Man, I’ll fill in some more stuff later, it’s 4am, & I’m absolutely stuffed, fer’ me there were many highlights of the day, one right up there was the look on Mustang Marks face, in the ol’ skool jam, pushin’ limits & goin’ hard, absolutely priceless I tell ya’…He revved all the ol’ skoolers up…plus at the after party, Mick Mulhall splittin’ up his prizemoney to other M.A.S.H. / S.O.S. boyz’…unreal !

Renton was stylin’ those liens, along with the noisiest madonnas on earth, & talk about lofty ollies, sweet as’…Chris Senn rippin’ lines unheard of … the backside air, lockin it into a disaster was a fave, Omar…well…Omar, rippin all over the bowl, 540’s, the gnarliest frontside grinds, full stand up to tail, to smith, to tail, u name it, the variations were there, wot killed me was the madonnas (to decka / to tail & to smith) 2 much goin’ on…
Adam Luxford absolutely killed the bowl, punished every part of it…watchin’ him roll in to his first run singin’ along & gettin’ psyched to the ramones woz awesome, B-jars, extremely tweaked egg plants, smith verts, b/side airs in every combination possible, 2 - kewel’ (don’t forget the ally oop cess slides into b/side smith grinds)
Mick Mulhall nailed his varials (180’ or 360’…u name it, he made it / to fakie as well, plus the most stylish f/side rocks in the business) not to mention the judos, etc…
Jamie Greentree, (my wonder twin power activate mate - form of a flanno / fluro) killed it in the bowl…speed & lines unmatched by any-1, the crowd went off for Jimmy’…also pullin’ the gnarliest stand up frontside fitty’ that should not have been made…but he did it, with a smile on his face & a fluro shoelace…Jamies’ got real appeal !

I could keep goin’ on, but man I am tired…A long day’ I’m gonna finish this coldie VB’ & hit the sack (& then maybe Bondi in the morning, heh-heh-heh)
Will post some more as soon as I can think straight & not fall asleep…

as cam said lux was all over it great day ,the atmosphere ,the weather, the music,the skaters it was a unreal day ,even got to sneak over the barricade for photos :laughing: :laughing:

I was awarded a brand new Cab protec with signature! Must have been for best bald spot! Sascha form World Cup is keen for old skoolers to turn up and skate with him late this afternoon. He’s 37, a really cool, personable dude, and still shithot on his board.

Bill.S

that sounds like a fine day, will try and squeeze in a skate at bondi as the sun goes down…

Good to see Michael Mulhall skate so well in the olde guys session. I hadn’t seen him skate since the Newcastle Show (80’s!) on the Coke ramp. Omar’s decker lipslide disaster entries in the shallow were mindblowing as were his backside 5-0 grinds to fakie 'round the tight corner. The 540 was nifty and a handy crowdpleaser when you’re going for the win. Luxford went big and stylish but maybe needed to do more in the shallow end to cause maximum point scorage?

a top day out,good to meet some of you dudes there :smiley:

Something anyway

AL

AL

OH

RM

RM

MUSTANG looking the goods

Was a great day

Thanks to the MASH unit and others for supporting the CCC and puting them on the map taking third in the comp, thanks Lux. Springy was a bit bumed with his shot at the title (after coming 3rd last year) he was not on his game at all. Jimmy held his own and will certainlyl be up for the chalenge next time. Omar showed everyone just how much of a complete skater he is. He said to me later that there was a half a dozen tricks that he forgot to do.

Nice job Cam.
Thanks to Jamie for five-O-ing your board at warp speed into my shin, it was great fun!

I almost cried for you Bill. Narrrr. Congrats, and you also John, so many years put in, well done. Who else was there? I was for too intoxicated.

Thanks to all who have supported BlacktownSkates. The award recognition goes out to MASH and freinds, only thing is im keeping it. Ha

BTS
Greg

higlights and awards (thru my eyes!)

Luxford- highest! insane inverts, fast and stylish

renton- massive ollies and those backside tailslides were absolutely insane!

omar- ruled, 540’s, five-o to fakie round the corner, switch carve grinds, pre-emptive strikes on led zeppelin t-shirt’s!! totally encouraging the groms too which was really cool

led zeppelin t-shirt - least likely to get vans sponsorship!

Senn- all over it so many differnt lines deep to shallow no fear, frontside airs arond the corner.

Barry- crowd favourite! inverts on the hip, “unknown” roll-in revert things, lay backs, fall offs to revert makes! hah! awesome.

corbin harris - pushed hard, has the five -o to fakie thing absolutely wired went fast

jackson pils - how good were these grommies, no fear dispite their age, back crailslide deep to shallow, wooohoo!

matt kitai - that toy board routine is unbelievable, cant believe he can drop in on that thing, saw him trying to come up over the hip deep to shallow 50/50 in practice and he wasnt getting it, came contest time and he just nailed it everytime awesome

greentree- fastest!! insane speed!

scott spring - was by far the most powerfull and aggressive at the coping totally gnarly aggressive attack

T.A - ? best onlooker

Cam ‘super-flanno-man’ Ward - best MC
Michael Mulhall - best halloween routine :wink:
Skoot n Muz - best MAS*H rep’n, OS Jam.

How fauk’n rad is it to be 40 odd and sessioning with our best and the likes of Omar, Sasha and Senn? Sorry if I sound like a wigged out kid but this week was just so full-on.

But that’s the thing about skating vert huh? It’s a brotherhood that spans the globe and skill levels. Think of another sport where a hack can snake a pro and get a pat on the back - cheers Omar :wink:

Hell yeah’ Wot a grouse day & evening…

I’m hoping every-1 enjoyed it as much as I did…
Stokin’ moment was watchin’ Muz’ on his second / third runs in the Ol’ Skool jam, talk about determination, & the biggest grin (from ear to ear).
Steve Van Doren’ was amped watchin’ the Ol Skool jam, was totally stoked on watchin’ the whole deal.
Sasha from World Cup skate was so supportive of every-1 there, & a hell of a top bloke (will have to send him a Target’ flanno…as a thank u’ I reckon, heh-heh)

Kewel that the ol’ skoolers got the Pro Tec awards signed by Cab’ (I know they are in good hands), u guyz deserve it.
Next year, bigger & better than ever I reckon !
Now bring on the ‘S.O.S. Berts & Flirts’ bank shootout at the Brah, can’t wait…

Oh yeah,
Filth Shots GH’

check that egg plant one of Lux, so tweaked & smithed, he makes it look like a frontside invert…
2-Rad

GH, you are a profound and beautiful soul. I publically renounce all plans to destroy Blacktown using the dark side of karaoke!

Love the T-shirts dude. They are seriously rad and I want to buy more in other clours if you’ll let me.
Bill

Got a 5 hour window of classic Boris, it was great.