Wetback Ditch Session

Next weekend is last one before MOSS JAM.
So its next weekend or the one after MOSS JAM. Sunday morning or arvo.
Sean, Maddy, Braden and anyone else ?
Your preferences on a time and date.
I vote for the spillway beast @ Melton first up session.
After that the epic drain @ Springvale for another weekend.

Next sun arvo 1.30pm melton

XXXX

Next sunday at Melton. Excellent smithers. Everybody bring a broom and soft wheels. Then the week after Moss Jam Springvale.

To the batcave boy wonder!

Count me in.

That looks like a very fun ditch. Looks a lot like one in my town with the slope part, except ours is more harsh and skating the one here will land you a trip to the pokie. You guys tear it up!

David, you guys should have a fair collection of new parks in Alabama :slight_smile:

That pic is of Springvale drains. Melton spillway is a lot bigger. I will take the camera and get some pics this w/end and post them so you can get an idea of what its like.

Markham, whats the address :question:

Please post address on weekend skating also :smiley:

Maddy knows exactly where Melton is but Jimmy says which dam its connected to on the weekend skating thread if you go back a few pages.

Are these ditches on a hill, with a slope so you are gaining speed?

i’m just thinking ditch slalom race like the ones they have in the States in New Mexico.

Could be a lot of fun…

Springvale does not have enough slope along its length for slalom except for lower section - which feeds straight into the drink.
Melton however could it seems host the gnarliest ditch slalom you mind could imagine.

ooh, melton sounds like the place to do it…

any pics - please post em. i think a ditch slalom should definitely be done!

Hey Sean, we actually do have a new park about an hour north of me. It’s got a huge skull bowl, and a street area that’s tiny. It’s not open yet, but it will open the day I leave for Sydney. It will cost $10 a seesion though. In California they have parks everywhere, but in my area of the country there are not many. Looking at skateboard.com.au amazes me, it seems like your country is skateboard heaven! You have so many parks, and even the old weathered snake runs look like so much fun(maybe because I’m from the old school).

Haggy, if you go to the Melbourne Weekend Skating thread that Sean started and go back a few pages you will find numerous pics of stormwater control facilities that have been researched. There are some photos that Maddy took of Melton.

holy Crap!
had a look at the photos of melton. what a great spot to set a race… i’m looking forward to hearing more about it…

Mexico in Melbourne Haggy!

Thanks for the PM directions Maddy.
Thats a good idea to have a picnic feast before commencing the ses.

Happy snaps of a happy day

contemplating the large expanse of bank

frieght train - nobody did any tricks - we just got addicted to speed.