Wetback Ditch Session

Braden on his funny trucks full of holes - surfin.

Big DAZ - fat kid stylin. wore his finger tips off pretending it was a wave.

Couldn’t be bothered taking many photos - too addicted to the speed of this place to get off the board. A nice change from bowl riding. Nothing like the feeling your going to slam everytime you cross that transition travelling real fast.
How are you feeling Maddy - not too sore I hope. You were moving when you hit that rock and locked up.

great great day! had my bath and going to have a nice lay down now.

Shit hot day :exclamation:

I need to go to bed now, my poor aching limbs need to rest :smiling_imp:

That place looks like HUGE fun.

I have sore ankles today!

fantastic!

what did planners have in mind when they built that!?!?

guy’s name wasn’t ‘Noah’ was it?

take some cones (yeh, yeh - plastic ones) next time for a ditch GS and give us a report. looks farken unreal!

That is truly insane.

Where is the “Happy snaps of a happy day” location in relation to the “contemplating the large expanse of bank” shot and then the banks you’re all ripping - is this all one mad gigantic location ? Lucky bastards.

Its all one place.

Its too good for ditch slalom to be honest or what I mean to say is I think we will wait until we are bored with the limitless lines possible. And its so fast - like a cross between hill bombing and bertleman style hotdogging. Ala Moana @ the takeoff quickly turning into Waimea Bay.

There is evidence of skaters grinding the lip on the top of the big wall butress and looking at it yesterday I’d say who ever is doing that has big tungsten steel balls.

Put photo 1 together with photo 2 and you get the picture.

BIG

Where the grinding occurs. Since I suffer from vertigo over 2 storeys above the ground this seems rad beyond belief. There are two transitions to get through to make it to the bottom and the speed is beyond my feeble mind to comprehend.

:smiley: :smiley: The memories of a great day skating :smiley: :smiley:

I am still coming to terms with the sheer speed of that place :smiling_imp:

And we were all skating into a head wind :exclamation:
Imagine what it would be like with the wind pushing you along 8)

I want to go again.

sshhuuttuunncckk…the sound of soft duro clad transition…transitioning.
sshhaattuunncckk…the sound of medium duro clad transition…transitioning.
ssccrreeeeeeeeeeeeee…splatflutumpsh…the sound of the dreaded stone devil braking proceedure.

:smiley: Me too :smiley:

Weekend after MOSS jam…I need another go at that place :smiling_imp:

Just thinking back to when we first caught sight of this beast as we walked the trail along the river. I was with Markham and big Daz, the rest of the crew were about 20yards behind.
Well I’ve never seen 2 grown men run like 15 year olds towards nirvana. And Markham with a crook knee beat Dazza to it :exclamation:
It was like one second they were both walking with me and the next second they were gone :exclamation:

:imp: I’ve got ditch fever :imp:

You caused that alteration in Maddy’s mojo Braden, by making him change his wheels to those big hard snot balls.

Next time you should be forced to go straight down the drop with a tail wind and achieve a grind 3 stories in the air and make it back down.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH

shaatuunchk
shaatuunchk

wrrrrrrrr (wheels slowing from hypersonic scream to low growl)

gggggrcccccchhhhhhhhh

whistling air

I’m sorry I left you behind like that. It was indecently selfish behaviour. But the sight of 3 stories of chamfered concrete in the middle of the bush just turned me into a child. I still can’t believe none of us knew about that thing when we were 15. If only my father had fished at Melton.

I can credit my father for finding the spillway at Lanacoorie Weir which we thought was the shit in 75 (not half as fast, not a quarter as long - and not smooth). I showed him a skateboarder magazine with some photos of the LA river banks being ridden and he calmly said - "I know where there is one of those - and if your good (translates as take out the rubbish, mow the lawns, sweep the leaves, chop the wood etc etc) - I’ll take you there.

skateboard sales tactic #43729
1 -drag unsuspecting customer through bullant infested scrub, over barbed wire fences and small child eating rock pools to a skatenirvana where noone can hear you scream. 2 -Then produce magic draino snotballs garanteed to literally scare small stones out of your way and turn you into Evil Kenevil. 3- grab the cash and run like hell.

Can’t we go there DURING moss?