What the Fu*k happened to Charlie?? + Photon wheels

Braden any chance of bringing in some ceramic bearings in the near future, is anybody else keen?

should be easy to organise. I’ve spoken to Rockin Ron via email and he said and I quote

"On the Ceramics, I can offer you a deal. If you buy 4 sets, Ill reduce the price to $ 60.00. The skateshops pay $58 so that is agreat deal. Im sorry they are so expensive, they cost a ton to manufacture but remember, the Ceramic balls will last forever. They will last in many, many sets of reg. Rockets. Dont ever throw your Ceramic Bearings away, remove the balls, get a reg. set of Rockets, and swap out the balls, wash and relube. There you have it! Re-built Ceramic Rockets for $25.00 using your old Ceramic Balls. They will never rust, pit or break. The Ceramic Balls are guaranteed for your skating carreer!
Now, Ceramic bearings arent so expensive. If you can just keep re-using the balls, thats the secret and how we make Ceramic Rockets affordable to ride. "

Im assuming the prices are in US Dollars and there is no mention of postage. I should have my set end of this week or perhaps next week. Now if only my knee would let me skate…

How’s the knee mosu? How long will we be waiting to see the mosu ceramic rocket / photon show?
You a starter for Bondi wed night?

I have a new secret weapon almost complete for wed night…shhh…

Mate,
will be there for a visit but thats all im up to. Luckily it seems like ligament strain at the moment (as opposed to snaped ligament and surgery to recover)

probable be 2 weeks before im back on board. should have the ceramics by then but just to play it safe my first couple of rolls wont be on ceramic

Are ceramic bearings really that good???
Rons sound good value for money, considering powell ceramics are worth around 300 aussie dollars. Modus ceramics come close to 200 bucks.

forgot to sign in…sean

Not sure Sean, to be Honest. I know a few people who ride ceramics and they all swear by them. One of the Ceramic owners (fluoro Jamie) has a set of Rockin Ron’s ceramics and he skates like he is stuck in 5th gear.

You can get Powell Ceramics for closer to $180 Australian (plus postage) from online supliers in the States but thats to much to pay.

Love how Ron said to me
“Dont ever throw your Ceramic Bearings away, remove the balls, get a regular set of Rockets, and swap out the balls, wash and relube.”

A business man wouldnt have said that. A true blue skater would so Im inclined to think Ceramic’s are that good.

I also understand that i you have a drama with any of his bearings, send them back to Ron and they will be fixed free of charge. Again, no other manufacturer would make a promise like that.

Thanx for your enthusiasm mosu, if you are going to order some ceramics count me in for a set for sure. Let me know how you go

Spoke to Braden and passed on the comments from Ron. Braden will organise something and make an announcement

put me down for a set please…

well thats 2 down and 2 to go.
Ok folks dig deep and cough up the pennies ($60 Us +1/4 of postage) for your chance to own a piece of modern skateboard technology at its best.

Mosu,
Keen as if you work out the exact break down in Aussie dollars including the postage.
Jimmy :smiling_imp:

OK so far I’ve got 4 takers.
they are
1)Sean
2)Tripper
3)Skoot aka Scott
4) Richard aka RGrant.

with a back up of Jimmy the Rail if any of you guys are unable to front the money (sorry Jimmy you can also be first in the next batch of four if this doesnt happen)

Cost will be $60 US dollars (about $75 Aussie Dollars) plus postage

I hope to hear from Braden about this transaction as I’d rather do it thru his website. As a backup plan, if that doesnt work you can email me address details so I can work out Postage cost.

Will wait on Braden for further comment. It takes 5 - 10 days to Ship to Australia.

Can Braden add on some Bearing Lube - ROCKET PROPELLANT, Braden might have it as a stock line or order it as well

YEAH, put me down for some lube!!!
need it for when I clean my BALL bearings!!!

how is it going with the bearings mosu?
i’m keen to give my shitbirds some bowl time…

Rich,
Ive emailled Rockin Ron a few times no reply. Havent even received my set of bearings yet. How is it going? I guess badly. Im not willing to front the pennies and then dick everyone else around.
Im wondering if I should add this to the Shonk thread on this forum. Will hold off and give Ron an extra fortnight before I contact Paypal and ask for my pennies back.
While I know his product is definitely worth waitting for (particluarly as im injured and off the board for at least another fortnight) Im left wondering if Im better off buying Bones Ceramic’s thru skatewarehouse as they manage to deliver to Australia with in a week of receiving the order (usually takes 3 days).

Are you back in Sydney?

hi mosu,
i think i might just get some bones reds to try out the shitbirds, i’m still in for the ceramics though when you get a reply.
i’m back in sydney, had a good skate today at the bra - managed to axle into the deep end after months of trying, next stop is to stall it.
see you when the knee is better.

Rich,
so far if I had bought Bones Ceramics from skatewarehouse.com I would have the bearings by now and probable only have paid about 30 Aussie dollars more.

The Knee is going to take another fortnight if im lucky. At least I managed the full backside grind in the deep end of Bondi a few runs before I “pancaked” (remind me never to backside RocknRoll the Shallow at Bondi again)

Mosu…I am still in for the ceramics if you have any luck.
otherwise, we might have to ask Braden to try.