K.K's Canberean Nightmare.

I think it’s “2-kewel 2-rad” actually…

I have to admit to going the way of the BMX for a short time in the mid eighties. Strictly dirt riding. There was a time there when the two disciplines got along probably as Bill says, because the two never met on the same terrain…

Remember, even the Z-boys crossed over with Z-rims!

Mongoose, Quicksilver (oz mongoose knock-off) PK Ripper, Kuwahara - I coveted others equipment so much…I was a poor sod with only ghetto equipment.

Not too far back ('bout 5 years) I had a rush of shit to the brain and bought a dirt jump bike. Didn’t dream of riding it at a skatepark, didn’t ride it much at all actually… sold it on the ebay for 1/2 what I paid. As I say, rush of shit to the brain.

They are the bikes im talkin bout exec, I own 3 . pk ripper.daimond back.and moose goose.Always wanted a pk if you had one of those when i was ten in 81 it was like owning a ferrari or porsche .I even went to the trouble to get tuffs on em all .all the parts are brand new which i hunted down from around the world. Actually bill i sit on it most nights in front of the happy tank watchin the bubbles . ITS SO EXTREME. :laughing:

Never was a less stoopid word uttered good doctor.
Every art form requires a medium or vise versa.
It is interesting these admissions to medium cross over coming out (very post modern).
However as a modernist aesthete or a pretend one, I like my purism.
Surfboards are about all that have lured me away.
I was once forced to attempt a snowboard when foolishly attempting to join the happy ski apres crowd, but whilst I could see the joys in it, I did not like the way you can’t bail. It is very derivative of skateboarding of course. I wonder if snowboarders piss skiers off.

Way back when snowboarding was new, the skiers (at least in the U.S.) did’nt like the snowboarders because the reckoned they cut up the snow too much. Nowadays they seem to get along quite happily, although skiers deride most snowboarders as being ‘hill frogs’ for their habit of mostly sitting on their arses on the slopes…well the beginners anyway!

I too have tried snowboards, and quite like them in soft powder snow - but I’m a much better skier than boarder and also don’t like the lack of ability to get out of the bindings on a bail.

I have a snowskate, they have been around maybe 5 years.
It’s a skateboard deck with rubber grip, mounted to trucks that turn forward and back not side to side mounted to a twin tip ski. You ride it like a skateboard (no bindings just a leash).
For the last 3 years I have been riding at Falls Creek, everytime they say to me What the f#ck is that? I tell em it’s a snowskate man! And I get relegated to one run at the end of the resort.
It’s way more fun than a snowboard because you can move around and use the kicktail and you wear normal footwear.

Even the snowboarders laugh at me!

wow

Sounds something like ‘Winterstix’ which could be hired at Thredbo in the 70s! Great fun.

Shaun White is an awsome snowboarder and vert skater he might make the transition to a snowskate and be relegated to a small compound near the end of the Perisher pipe!

Snowboarding is a heap of fun, snowskates are so damed hard to master!

When i started snowboarding in about 94 the skiers hated us bigtime we were allowed on one lift only .It took about 5 years before we could ride the whole mountain .Back then just about everyone on a snow board was a skater or surfer.Oh how things have changed now it seems snowboarding is so cool that every retard that couldnt skate is out there talkin bout frontside indie airs and k krinds .Im not sure but if you dont have trucks then how are you grinding its turned into the lamest sport ever .I must say though i have spent some days in the us and canada riding bottomless powder and that is what i think its all about . And why do they grab its strapped on for god sakes.Whats the difference between a snowboarder and a vaccum cleaner. The way you attach the dirtbag. I heard that one a million times in the early days.Gays on trays was also another goodie . Im never goin again.(indie airs are backside) .

I’ve never snowboarded and if one more person says “Oh, you skate? You’ll love snowboarding…” I’ll spew.

Dont spew its friday and your not drinking your VB’s.

I’m on a countdown though Skoot… T.F.I.F.

Lookin forward to a quiet one with you chaps tomorrow at the 'bra by the way - salute!

Yeah’ S’

Slidin’ time - pre bank shootout fun & games…
Plus a boithday boy…