O/T Muscle Cars

Fully sic m8!

Choppy is right, the Charger was a weapon. The 360 Bathurst version (along with V8 XU-1 and Phase 4) would have been interesting.

I’m waiting to see how well the boss looks after me 30 June so I can rock over to old mates place cash in hand.

Any thoughts on getting the thing running after 18 years storage?

Change battery, Oil, spark plugs, drain fuel tank and refill, pump up tyres, fill radiator, attempt to start!

Failing that tow it to a mechanic.

By rights, if its turning over, gettting spark, fuel is getting through to cylinders, then it should go. To be safe, unless you are real handy with a spanner, it would be best to get it checked over by a mechanic before driving it in anger…stuff like brakes and lines, lights, tyres etc can be a bit rooted after such storage. Also, crap in fuel tank, crap in oil, crap in radiator can all cause problems down the track.

Cheers Col,

I figured a flat bed to my garage for a change of all fluids, plugs, leads, filters.

It’s been garaged, dry conditions all that time so should be in good nick.

We’ll see…

Skatexecs buying a charger SIIIICK MAAAATE!

I’d have to change my name to skatexecopoulos maaaate!

Chopper’s the Mopar Man.

My true dream would be a '55 Chev Belair Coupe.

I want a Chip Foose 32 Ford

Can any one tell me if there was ever a steel bodied Corvette?

werent some of the early ones steel, like the split window model? I could be wrong though…

tamsoldracecarsite.net/Corve … otype.html

think this was a metal body prototype. im looking for more details.

Every corvette has been glass bodied

islandnet.com/~kpolsson/vettehis/

Thanks Pat, made for an interesting fact finding mission…

unfortunately after much checking I have to agree with SkateExec, from 1953 all Corvettes were fiberglass (1956 Corvette had a metal bonnet)

sorry Pat looks like I got my facts wrong and there were no metal body Stingrays

If you’d asked me to guess I might have said 60’s models onward were but early ones may have been steel but waddayaknow? GRP has been around since 1950 sumthin…

Never a 'vette fan myself, Prefer Camaro - 69 RS/SS to be exact.

My dad use to drag race a chevy SS comero. I’ll post a pic tonight. Was called Spooky. Won most of the time too.

first try at photo

Hey Charger! Looks waay cool mate!

A mate of mine has just bought a GT40 built from original spare parts and some new bits added for a laugh. Gulf oil colours, 351 nascar motor 0-100 in under 4 sec’s’ Cameron Mc Convill was clocked at 207mph at Phillip Island …STREET REGISTERED!!!

Something to scare the rice-burners me thinks.

Original parts. Wow
Very impressive.
204 mph down that straight says a lot for straight-line speed and brakes!
Imagine what it would do with a set of Ron’s Rockets.

Is any one going to this?
motorex.com.au/syd_show.html
I’ve been before and it rocks.
I want to go Saturday night at about 6.p.m

Eli what a machine, GT40s and some vetes where realy the only decent chalange popcorn could put to pasta. {sorry steve machine but you known how much I love my fords. Yes choper saturday night sounds fine, Im sure plenty of other mashers are interested, what a bummer of a weekend its been, rains on our skate parks and nothing in our dams. Guys is homebush the same set up as shown on skateboard.com ? :frowning: :frowning:

Cameron reckonned it had more to give but wanted to be gentle!!!

GT40 isn’t strictly popcorn as it came out of the U.K. but anything that can put a kink in the dominance Ferrari had at LeMans, let alone 1st 2nd and 3rd, has to get props.

I just love that He is buying a car that is faster than a F50 ferrari for 1/4 of the price but still with some serious cred.

I’ve been in love with these cars forever. I think they have the hottest arse in motorsport.

At last years classic race day at Phillip Island I saw 2 of them (1 replica and 1 original), needless to say I got a little excited. When they fired up I nearly cried, man that sound will stay with me to my dying day.

In a week and a half I get to ride in one and meet one of the guys that built them. I’m just a bit excited! Will take my camera and get some pics.