Year End GeT TogeTher & OneT BBQ Session

The press wont be told until those that intend to show up agree to it.

So please let us know if you want the local papers told about the Spotty session on 15th December, or not?

(even if they are told them they might not show)

I am happy for them to come, anything to help keep our Vert Ramps a little longer. :smiling_imp:

we now have a chance of pre-empting, i say send out an invite bernie, when the press sees the bigger picture, caring for fallen brothers, an association of like minded ( mature ) rollers and and foreward minded annitiatives of the moss crew and the like.
the end result can only be a positive one and with that in mind one can only hope that the remaining vert ramps will still be around for some time to come.
they say that the squeeky wheel gets the oil, dont they.

but mosst importantly, looking foreward to catching up with brothers.

cheers, h.

Could be a good story considering some of us travel up to an hour to the closest ““PUBLIC”” vert ramp. PUBLIC being the optimum word in this case. Travel to back it up. :smiling_imp:

Spoke to Tone,

Sending this to the mayor (only).

"Dear Councillor Tehan,

As mayor and ward councillor for Spotswood, I thought that you might be interested in seeing the Spotswood Skate Ramp being enjoyed by locals and visitors.

Marty Kent and Tony Hallam, who are locals, along with friends from all over Melbourne and Geelong, many of whom are former international, national and state champions from the 1970’s, 80’s and 90’s will be there for an informal skate session on 15th December 2010, before coming down to Newport for a skate in the evening. They will amaze you with their daring and skills.

The Spotswood Ramp is a cherished and historic part of the Australian Skate scene, and I am sure that you will enjoy seeing it used properly, not as part of some corporate event or serious organised competition, but simply a group of friends having fun.

Best regards…"

Will get press fired up next week.

reckon they should put that vert in newport.
then kids and(bigger kids)would likely give it ago.
more of them anywait

yeah sort off agree with you there. but the best thing is that the land is designated skate park and is a huge area with which we can use this as a leaver for something else to be built there. there is also talk of some sort of freeway exit to go right through their.also being where it is when i get sick of scooters i run there for some peace.

That’s the way don’t move the ramp, add a scooter unfriendly bowl and capitalise on the existing space and infrastructure.

Mayor can’t make it, but at least he knows about it…

"I have been trying to organise my calendar around this date but unfortunately this time of the year is quite frantic with appointments and as such I will have to be an apology.
Please pass on my best to Marty and Tony and make sure you guys have a blast on the day.

Cheers

Bill"

Just to help them out with an idea for a headline…
When I contact papers, is referring to you grumpy old vert dogs as “Elder Skatesmen” out of line???

I’d prefer “Pioneers” myself Bernie but “Elder Skatesmen” is OK too mate. lol

you tell that reporter what happens under the ramp stays under the ramp,

BUMP!

still not shaw about the vert ramp will post when its done and fence down. old is new again you old farts.

Just leave some steel there and a welder and some power source.
I could finish after work one nite if it was allowed.
at least I could guarantee it will be done right and on time.
fingers crosssed Marty.

see you all there. Looking good so far. I’ll snake a shot tonight and post it up

I seriously doubt the ramp will be ready for Wednesday.
They haven’t even started on the flat, although if it’s dry it’s skatable (just not as fresh as it will be)

And the grass needs cutting

Have squeegies
will dry it.
:smiling_imp:

the shitty weather has been the problem they are hoping to have completed by christmas

Watch the weather.
Tuesday looking good.
Wednesday looking iffy.
But we know things can change in a few days.

We might have to do the OneT session on Tuesday.
…stay tuned…
bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml