Allawah Vintage and Longboard Slalom roll

Hey guys n girls,

we are having a social Allawah Vintage and Longboard Slalom Ride.

11AM, Sunday 17th March Allawah.

This is a social get together so come along and ride your old school, longboard or slalom deck and have a chinwag and to check out some history from the old school decks.

So come along you old schooler,s and show us your style.

No entry fee and no prizes, just relax,chill and enjoy and bring your family along.

Come on Fitzy…what did i forget?lol

Whats going on guys, i thought there would of been a bit more action for this?

Hey Brothers ,
Don’t panic retro the closer we get to the event date will see more activity.
Man I wish we could go back to those days of Sunday church,…brothers would look forward to first Sunday of each month to get together and race some slalom at Allawah, catch up, talk shit, admire new gear, settle grudges,It was a farkin great scene riders from Naccos would trek down to meet up with Fitz, Bra Pete, Scott Tansley, Greg Ambler,Baggy and Hugs,
Hop would be selling hard to get slalom gear from the boot of his car.Conehead Cup came along in 2007 and ended the church sessions, we went from 12 gatherings a year down to 4 CC events which were initially a raging success. I think that for Slalom to go forward and keep it’s head above water we need to go back to those regular sessions,where average Joe can rock up have a go and get the feel for slalom free of charge and believe me once they experience the Wah and the positive vibes of the wah crew they will be back. My two cents

Regards

yep agree,

still processing today,
had fun,

rather prophetic Mick. It can be hard to get a balance between those that want to race and those happy to get together, have a roll and a have a good time.

The sessions end when people stop giving a rats.

Conehead cup nearly went the same way in 2011, and was only kept alive with some of us working out that if we want to keep it going, we had to get off our arses and make it happen ourselves.

Some of us were dumb enough to keep on making sessions and races happen, by trudging off to councils to get roads closed or parks rented, (paying up front), organising insurance, and begging for prizes, and doing sponsor friendly promotions …and judging by the attendance and happy snaps, that seemed to be well enough recieved.

Still when you call an event and get zero response on any of the forums, you start to think…who else really still gives a rats!

Or is that all because facebook is new skate forum?

we still love you bernie and the work you have put in stay cool all things have highs and lows just thank god you dont own a skate shop that would be so hard.

Personally I have had little money in the past few years to be able to travel anywhere except essential family events. I would like to go to all of the slalom events.

I haven’t had enough money to improve my slalom rig either and riding a borrowed proper rig in 2011 placed higher than I ever had before. I know, I know, it’s about fun right, but fuck it shits me when I can easily get -2 seconds on a better rig, and I can’t possibly ever make my rig that fast without spending big $$. $500 is a lot for a pair of trucks.

Slalom is like bernie and mick say, as events draw closer people can make plans and it starts to get interest, and without regular gatherings it loses lots of momentum.

People here are much different to the BMX crowd skinny, there are fewer rules and no politics, basic organisation and planning for the most part. Some days we’ll have ten people smashing cones on a Sunday arv, sometimes it’s just me, or just rossco etc.

It takes a lot of planning to make the Canberra race happen each year, and most of the guys do other forms of skateboarding so it can be hard to get a regular slalom thing going.

what you running scotty, had the high end and unloaded it, started again for the play off it with a bearacker and airflow on a bts and feel like flying again,

Bearacker, stock tracker rear. Good rear would improve things, but it’s that quick front flop too.

Cheers guys, Scotty T i was keen to get some old schoolers and boards along mate and thanks for the support. :smiley:

Righto guys,
its March and time to ramp this up :smiley:

is anyone bring some old school rides? I will bring along an old pro class-ultra pro and Calypso

Good to catch up with the crew!..thank’s! 8)

Boomer Bling.

Bra Pete doing lines.