Copacabana Skatepark ?

Proposed Skate Park at Copacabana

Gosford City Council will be holding a Community Consultation in regards to the proposed development of a local level Skate Park at Copacabana in line with Council’s Skate Park Strategy.

The consultation will occur at Copacabana Surf Life Saving Club on the 9 February 2010 from 7.00pm-8.30pm.

We would like to invite you to attend this consultation to express your views.

This consultation is being held to discuss the location of the proposed skate park and gauge support of the community.
Need More Information?

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact either:

* Emma Jepson
  Telephone: 4304 4558 or
  Email [emma.jepson@gosford.nsw.gov.au](mailto:emma.jepson@gosford.nsw.gov.au)
* Karen Tucker, Coordinator Active Open Space
  Telephone: 4325 8426
  Email: [karen.tucker@gosford.nsw.gov.au](mailto:karen.tucker@gosford.nsw.gov.au)

Holy shit, can they fuck this one up too? Anyone able to go?

hold onto yer knickers… :unamused: ere we go again… :laughing:

i’m working away at the mo’ so won’t be able to make this one …
don’t settle for a crap design!

& don’t let central coast asphalt get involved…ffs… :angry: :unamused:

For fucks sake!! Are they serious??? How about spending that money on putting a Bulldozer through the new Kinkumber Crappola Skate park and rebuilding it to how WE want it, instead of building another useless piece of crap in another place!!!
GEEEEEEE…I wonder who will win the Tender??? :imp: :imp: :imp:

Groan. Kincumber is bad, Umina and Kariong are worse. Do they really need a park in Copacabana which is just down the road from Kincumber, which could be good with actual professionals re-making it? Another automated child minding facility for scooter brats maybe.

Sooo true Scotty T, Couldn’t of said it better myself. It will be another waste of time and money. It’s a proven fact with Kinkumber, that our design’s and input are ignored. Another prefab piece of crap on the way… :imp: :imp:

I like kincumber…its got character with bumps and lumps…another lumpy bumpy small park with character is what this area needs…its a challenge of character and tolerence of lumps and bumps…and cocacabanana is a great area and can be spelt in many ways which is fun… I just hope that they make another lumpy,bumpy,smallish park with big 4ft transition so I can tolerate more of this great character…yey

So I finally went there last week, its 2 1/2 4ft bowls, spine, some lumpy bit ans 2 1/4s that are spread to far away to make a 1/2. Nicee job, coping is hard to grind as it is too deep into the cement.

I think the strangest thing about this park is that it is like not complete and open om the eastern end where another longer 1/4 shoud be so it would be a bowl.

Oh well its consistant with all the other crap that surrounds my area.

Paul

Agreed on it not feeling finished. Several times I’ve had to bail coming out of the round end at speed straight towards the grassy knoll. I reckon you could get some great lines if they closed up the eastern end or at least put a corner at the northern end so you can get back into the square end.

Also I found the surface pretty slow compared to other new parks. The hip/bump is fun but is also pretty treacherous do to the weird angles on the to.

Still, I reckon its much more fun than South Kincumber and you can have a swim once you are done.

Went for a roll out there on Tuesday, there was surface rust on the coping! Look’s like the novelty of a new skatepark in the area has worn off! Or they’re all surfing. Still a tight, but fun park. :smiley: