Fawkner park nearly done

Hi all,

The consultation process lead some to feel it did not represent their ideas during discussions. Having checked it out now I don’t really give a shit as it is looking fun and unique. Coping looks perfectly set (and is being painted!)

As soon as the financial year is over I will start lobbying for a beginning on stage 2. I think the consensus was a curvy banked snake run with plaza elements and no tranny. I will keep y’all in the loop regarding Brunswick. It should have a decent budget (Fawkner’s budget was tiny) so some oregon style tranny surrounded by plaza to the theme of stoner plaza could be an answer to what is lacking in Melbourne.

Rather than posting all the pics again I have lazily linked the hateboard thread below.

BBQ, tunes, lights and beers sesh soon!

skateboard.com.au/forum/read … read=78043

go josh you bloody legend

I had a look at Fawkner last friday, not your usual bowl/tranny but I reckon it looks like heaps of fun…keep up the good work Josh!

Dig up the new nimbin park and bring it to Brunswick.

The park has been getting sessioned with good reports, still awaiting landscaping. The park has been a scooter creche with scummy local rats being tools, but meh. School holidays will be over now. I am going to have a mellow roll there tomoz as I have been injured. The street address is Jukes rd, next to the pool. Head down sydney rd away from coburg and it is on your right, turn right at the pool.

I was wondering if I could arrange the MOSS trailer and some lights for a low key opening. If we arrange an opening with council it is a nightmare and they will want us to cater for all the different users and fill out 50 page forms.

So thinking some tunes, some lights, a few beers and perhaps make a chill clip. Make a flyer with MOSS logo ect.

lemme know your thoughts

Josh,
You can borrow my lights. (no trailer needed), and then you can have a session on a night that suits you (except Wednesday!).
Jos has them at the moment.

Cheers Bernie! Make sure you come down mate and have a roll and a beer

I’ve had a couple of rolls here now, both early morning when its empty. A great little park, heaps of wierd & fast lines and super smooth concrete.

Josh…pm me your email address I reckon theres a couple of things you should consider with stage 2.

All up a ripper new park.

park looks awesome, cant wait to get a chance to go skate it

Skated it yesterday, about 30 skaters, no scooters or bmx. Ripping session!

email is joshuafeggans@hotmail.com. With ideas for stage 2 please understand plaza/street elwments are required to balance the park and to reflect the needs of the initial consultations

absolutley…by the time i’ve done a couple of laps of stage 1 my legs are rooted anyway. plus I can send the youngsters off into stage 2 so i’ve got the curvy bit all to myself.

Lighting up next Wednesday (10th), and the following Sunday (14th) at Jukes rd Fawkner, for some staying up late with InsomniaJosh!

skateboard.com.au/forum/read … read=81957

Link to the rad old school lookin’ flyer and event details. See you wed and sunday![/img]