Full Circle

I was street/drain skating, in the mid/late 70s. Fast forward, about 30years, & i think, i am going to get back into it. So i go get a board & gear. Now here is where i go wrong, i head down to the skate park. A pic in a mag, was as close to a skate park, as i ever got when i was a kid. In the end, i just couldn’t get my head, around the skate park thing, & my board ended up, in the garden shed. Anyway last week, i think i am going to go for a street skate {70s not new skool street}. Go out the shed, to grab my board %$^^*&( F ing bloody kids have cannibalized it. With the sh^ts big time, i jump in the car, to go buy a new board. 2 hours later & i walk out the shop, with a 40 inch Landyachtz drop carve. Last night i am playing around, in a carpark on it, & i ride off a gutter {funny how one small thing can trigger a memory}. 15 minutes later, i am driving to a hill {first place i got air} i have not skated in over 30years. It was windy, it rained, i crashed, i just didn’t care, i had a great night. I am just stoked to be back, doing the sort of skating, i did when i was a kid.

top effort mate.
welcome back.
whats your location?

Gday Ludi i am in West Sydney. A few years back, i was at Melbourne, found some mad drains down there {oval shape pipes} :smiley:

p6 five o welcome back you never loose the buzz of feeling free. are what drains in vic.

Gday Marty i found some good little drains near lilydale, but the oval pipes where off the bike path, that runs from the city out to the airport.

thanks 650 hhhmmm sounds like a bit of investigating to be done.

The station before Lilydale, i think it was. Only very small, but open & fun. To add to my first post. It’s not skateparks that i can’t get my head around. It’s 13 year old kids on scooters, that do my head in. I just skate, to relax & have some fun. A 3 foot bank in a drain & no scooters is my idea of a good time. I just don’t want to send anybody, on a wild goose chase. Cheers Peter