Mid Aged Mid Week Syd Up North Shore Sessions

I know I am not alone in getting back into skateboarding after a long time down. I typically skate mid week and usually skate Cherrybrook skatepark. There is a good crew around that park and it was a real eye opener to see other people in my age group having a session.

I live closer to Hornsby and am keen to skate other parks around but I am hanging my shingle out and am looking for others to skate with.

Ill be down at Cherry this Friday from 10am until lunch and am keen to hit Terry Hills park and newly built pump track at some stage soon. Pump track info here https://www.basementskate.com.au/blog/tag/terrey-hills-pump-track/

2019-08-01T23:00:00Z2019-08-02T03:00:00Z

Ill keep updating this in the weeks to come to see if there is any traction from others.

Saw this a bit too late but happy to meet up for a skate during the week.

Been keen to see the pump track.

Sounds good, how about next Friday late morning?

Sounds good, which skatepark?

I was thinking Terry Hills pump track at the BMX area then head over to the Terry Hills skate park. My kid has been a bit sick recently and out of daycare so my availability is going to be based on him getting better. Ill update tomorrow because Ill know how free I am tomorrow.

Can others read this thread? By all means if there are others that want to jump in and make this a thing then lets put it together. I am trying to get some other guys to come that are not currently on CDS.

Hey Hop and anyone else reading and thinking about heading down to Terry pump track. My kid is still ill so its looking like tomorrow is out for me. I however would be keen for the following Wednesday or Friday if anyone is down. Apologies to initiate this and have to pull.

I want to network other skaters in my area. Let me know if anyone is down for the following Wed or Friday?

Kind regards,
M

2 years since I wrote this topic. That means I have been back skating for over 2 years now. I’ll keep my eye on this post but if there are any older skaters that want to session or any skaters period, I am happy to meet up, in my LGA or after this lockdown lifts outside of the Ku Ring Gai LGA.

I have made some slappy curbs in the Turramurra Netball facilities parking lot. I even got the cops called on me when I clear coated one of the curbs - haha. I skate everything and am trying to improve my downhill, I’m slow but I can powerslide my way down most hills although I want to get more confidence to go faster.

Ill skate ledges, bowls ramps all to an underwhelming level but if you’re keen to skate then I am happy to meet up. I have plans to go and track down this full pipe when my lockdown is up.

There is a regular group of mature skaters at Fivedock on a Sunday morning, from 8am
Tuesday evenings 7Pm Sydney Park big bowl and Thursday afternoons 4.30pm Meadowbank bowl.
Terry Hills pump truck is good and so is Bare Creek Bike Park in Belrose, Crozier Road

Hey Sheff,

I’ll definitely come check it out. I can make Meadowbank pretty easy. I have NO big bowl experience. I skate smaller bowls and grew up street skating in a town in the USA where skateboarding was pretty much illegal, so the only transition was a mini ramp here or there. I have been getting into bowls since starting skating again. That said I’ll have a run at the big bowl and see if I can pick something up.

I skated the Terry pump track and it was fun. I had no idea about that Bare Creek one. I am keen to have a run at it. It looks fun, the features look Way bigger than Terry Hills with the table tops etc. Are you skating these bowl sessions much?

Once again,
Thanks for the heads up.

Hi there,
New here, just found the forum while googling for some info on the st Ives park completion.
Same story as many others, in my mid 40s covid somehow got me back on the board and I’m now totally addicted just like I was on my late teens.
I’m based in Hornsby and am keen to meet other ‘old’ skaters for some park fun every now and then.
Cheers

Hey Claudio,

I’ll DM you my number. I normally skate on Friday mornings and any other time I can. I actually skated DIY in Dural yesterday and then went to Galston for a bit after that. I’ll be going this week again if the weather allows it. I’ll let you know when I go. I’m also going to check out this sesh that @sheff mentioned in the thread - I have to check my schedule this week to see if can make that. When I do start going to that sesh, Ill probably have to get there early (pre-sesh) and leave a bit early because I have a youngun.

This is the shot of the DIY, and some pretty beginer fs 5050 slappies