Mount Eliza Consultation

Man dont let Grindline or any of the other american skatepark design/builders check this shit.The way we are heading with some of these parks is BULLSHIT.As we speak the yanks are progressing big time due to all the RAD parks gettn built,plenty of young spuds as well.Yeah they have more cash flow to build bigger parks ,but we still can build way better quality,more funcational for street,bowl,vert and get it right .Some serious non skater input into these attempts of so called parks .GET IT RIGHT. :wink:

The oasis park design is way better than the other company ,but when making decision on depth dont go half hearted,if goin for vert style at least 11 ft not 9 1/2 move forward . :wink:

looks like you might get a bowl at last wedge

Shit, boring, half arsed designs. Just a repeat of whats everywhere.
Vert bowl my arse. If they want to build a “pool” build it properly, stairs etc. None of this Combination shit to " cater" for everyone. Its time to focus on an object and just build the one thing right. Like SAC said, do vert, do it to the real size, 11ft min.
If its a budget issue, dont waste efffort on trying to compensate, or please people. It dosent work.
If you want little bowls, that are combo units, time to do as been said, check some US designs, I skated some rad parks that were small there which were actually worth being 8ft and under because they flowed, lined you up, get on a grind and nonne of this oops, got to stop.
That shallow with “no mans land”, that open huge radius is just a sheer, dead waste of realestate. Tighter corners, where the progression is headed.
Yes im in a cunt of a mood at work :smiling_imp:

Here’s the latest design…

Here’s some spec’s:
Deep bowl is 9.5 ft deep, 6 inches of vert, 12ft of flat bottom
The hip at the end will be flattened out a bit so you can skate (mogul) over it.
Waterfall has a 7ft radius.

Shallow bowl is 6ft deep with an 8ft tranny (like the deep end of Frankstons small bowl).
12ft of flat across the bowl.
The shortest piece of straight coping (on the roll in side is 4.6 mtrs.
The clam shell is 7.5 ft deep on the same 8 ft tranny.

The mini ramp sections in the street area are 5mtrs wide.
Can’t recall the depth, but I think they’re 4 or 5 ft deep.
Designer is looking at some minor tweaks to widen these and put in a bit more flow arund the park.

Time wise they say we could be sessioning it by Christmas. They mentioned the possibility of a November for the bowl tour, but I reckon that’s too optimisic.
No need for permits or planning applicatins as Council owns the land, etc.

Where abouts is this place ,in relation to another park we have all rolled :question:

I’d add a foot of depth to the shallow with the same tranny.

i agree with jimmy.

I am with Jimmy too, Frankston is close to what is best, it just needed a half pipe. Belco also gets close.

Build a vert bowl, kidney, figure 8, Clover etc
Smaller seperate combination bowl
Half pipe in crete
And a street course
DONE !

Big combination Bowls Like Knox, Elenora and Cairns lend themselves to serious colisions due to little kids or
inconsiderate scooter, bike and skateboard riders dropping in where you cant see them.

Just move chelsea half pipe to frankston and I’ll be happy… :smiling_imp:

I like Chelsea mini ramp, wish it was on my side of town :smiling_imp:

After eleven (11) years of campaigning we have broken ground…

Council is showing us the money

This will form into 9.5ft deep with 6 inches vert in the deep with 6ft shallow on 8 ft trannie, clamp shell and hips…

Coping

Here’s the location. The only place that was big enough - and the only location that was able to survive the objectors…

Well done to all who made it happen and lets hope they do it right and seal the ground properly so it doesnt leak later lol.
I might check out the construction durring the week. :smiling_imp:

Awesome effort Rob, well done!!! look forward to it!

TOP WORK, probably wet ya pants when finished after 11 years,

new terrain, wicked.
better get down there to check out light trailer access.

Hey Ludi, Glenn is down from QLD till March so might head down and check out the construction on the week end after a skate at Franga if your up for it. :smiling_imp:

Council takes possesion in mid April and the Grand Opening Comp should be Sat 26th May.
Is anyone interested in doing a Fossil & Grommet division?

Sandro Diaz visited the site aas Convic are designing a bowl for his back yard in Brazil!

4ft mini is taking shape…

Coping profile…

View from the shallow to the deep…

View from the deep across the hip into the taco shell…

A roll around the platform…

Excited!!!

this is good

first greaso shop on left as you enter shopping village got Killer cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, onion and 200 gm of bovine for $5.50, old school greek,