National Capital Slalom Championships 2012

Day 1. Before competition started.

Cleaning duck poo

Rossco also working hard

DS

Daz and everyone else, great to see guys!

How was it?

Canberra realy turned on the weather. Rain, Snow, Hail, Headwinds, Tailwinds, and the odd bit of sunshine.
Wind kept rain delays down to a few 5 min intervals.
Was a great day as usual, with Shaddow taking it out. He was fast at the start of the day and only got quiker.
Scotty had things under control all day and did a top job.

What an awesome weekend. We’re waiting for Jackson P to post the shot of Paul flying :slight_smile: I stacked just after the course was set and had a bit of soreness all weekend.

Dave pretty much covered yesterday, today was pretty awesome. The weather was great but the erratic winds stayed and it was luck of the draw whether you’d get pushed up or down the course.

Rob Whinnie took it out with Ben Bro in second and Millsy in third. Canberra was represented by Owen who took out fourth spot. Neil was in the top 8, can’t remember the final position but the results will be on ASRA.

Neil also took out best stack with a spectacular backside grass slide into ditch roll at full speed on the third last cone going flat chat! It was awesome to see a bunch of young groms racing in the ditch, Chris Miris was mixing it up as the old school grom kid, a young super styler named Jack (from memory) was the fastest grom.

Will post some pics that Mez took on his iPod and some video I made with my phone.

Rossco: youtube.com/watch?v=JBynbexNCZI

Jacko and Millsy: youtube.com/watch?v=sixq3vYli7g

Merricks’ iPod pics:

Chris sequence

Friday arvo:

best thing about photos is see wifey i did go sk8ing nice works guys thanks.

Link to some more photos [color=red]here