National Skate Ditch List !!!!!

A register and comprehensive list of rideable drains that are worth a visit and a skate, in Australia, starts here… !!!

Name of Ditch;
Location;
Address;
Description;
History;
Rating;

Photos would be good as well…

Nice Thread 8)8)

Name: Kincumber killer
Location: Green Point Reserve Kincumber mountain, Central Coast, NSW
Address: Timbarra rd Kincumber
Moderate ditch maybe 5 feet deep, ridable for about 100-150m Gnarly drain grates in the middle. Fast but slightly rough surface.
History: ???PC might fill that in
Rating:3/5

Name: Agarna Park Drains
Address: starts corner yorktown rd and midway rd. near midway Tavern
Description: about 3 km in length. downhill. some rock sections (filter?!?)
History: i loved this place as a kid… some sections better than others.not super smooth but still heaps of fun if your in the area.

i will grab some photos soonish. and questions or wanna meet there, email me.

(I know ive exposed these to death on this site but you can imagine the stoke that they have given me over the last 12mths)

Name: The Punisher

Location: Gotta go Bush (closest town Tinonee Mid North Coast NSW)

History: Discovered when a mate of mine went up in a hot air baloon on a photographic assignment for the local paper, he spotted it from the air, showed me the photos and tried to explain the location as best he could. Took me about two weeks to locate it, needless to say it took my breath away the first time i looked over the ENORMOUS walls of the beast!!! We got in with a broom and cleaned sections to skate as it was quite dirty, there were only two of us on the first few missions and it scared the shit out of us. First pic shows the original state of the beast.

We returned the following weekend armed with heavy duty cleaning equipment vowing to clean the baby out completely to allow us to attack it with a bit more confidence. Imagine our suprise when we looked over the top to see the whole thing had only just had an industrial sweeper completely clean the ditch to skatepark quality surface (not even the slightest pebble).

The two of us skated the thing to death for about six hours on the saturday and six hours on the sunday of the first weekend to take advantage thinking “well theyve swept it it must be ready to fill?” Those sessions were some of the best skates Ive had! just two of us in the bush riding something that probably noone will believe exists!! Fast, smooth scary,with fun corners to carve, we tried every bert variation known to man!!! Linking runs, charging straight down, sliding, carving WOOOHOOO!!! Unbelievably smooth!!!

(photo courtesy of carveboard bron)
The two of us managed to go back pretty regularly for a couple of months always thinking it was going to be the last skate, it is part of a water recycling project which will store recycled effluent for sale to the surrounding farmers for irrigation…at this stage we noticed that the pipeline from the sewerage traetment plant (about 10klm as the crow flies away) hadnt even begun yet, meaning this thing was going to be skateble for ages!
We through out a few careful invitations hosting close mates and likeminded skaters on some great days in the bush…still al up our best count is around 10 skaters have sampled its goodness. On one session when we invited the carve crew down from just up the coast we thought we were busted when contractors showed up to fence the top, rather than be busted they hooted us on, had a go on the boards and told us about 3 other similar ditches all within a 20 min drive of this one, claiming one was “heaps bigger!!!” Woohhoo

We skated it for around 12 months until the pipeline began. When it began they plugged the drainage system meaning water pooled big time leaving it unskateable for months at a time.

The pipeline still isnt finished and i hold out hopes that the punisher may get skated again in late spring early summer. Thing is we discovered the others!!! so we have more to choose from!!!

Rating: 8.5 out of 10 (Pretty bloody good but not Indian school material!)

…to be continued

Name: Johles Bowl

Address: “locals only Brah!”

Description: Big square bowl about 12 feet deep size of two football fields nice tranny at the base of the banks for the smoothest rolling, platforms on top for high speed roll- ins, square corners can be linked and skated like a half pipe. Storm water overflow tank to take the pressure off the strom water drainiage on an estate built on swamp only a couple of hudred metres behind the sand dunes to the pacific ocean. There is a “lap” that you can do all the way around pumping the flatt and hitting all four walls that would make a rad slalom course!!! Has seen some gnarly “tow in” skating as well involving being towed behind a vesper by a rope and being thrown into a whip around the big corners!!!

History: Discovered by local skater Johle about 18 mths ago, sessioned heavily since…will always be skateable is generally out of action for 4-6weeks after heavy seasonal rain (like we’ve just had)

Rating 7/10

Someone else will have to provide details as I was blind…folded…
Melton VIC.

iT’S cHARIOTS OF THE GODS BIG…love to do an event here , but what??? first bank…tight slalom…second bank (2 stories)…more tight slalom…3rd bank (4 stories)…mach 5 across the flat…4th bank (5 stories)…release parachute???

braden where the F@#$%K is that and what the f%$#K is that??? You hold an event there skatercross, GS slalom, downhill whatever I’m there. What is its purpose? mine, significant meteorological event, inland sea, drain the shit out of NSW??

It was built just after Fin’s comments on tic tac about Melbourne’s lack of terrain, they thought that enough was enough as…

Seriously though, it was built in 1916 and added to a couple of times for this…

The adventure that is Melton begins here…

You then after 4-500 mtrs must negotiate this…

which in summer is not running, which then opens up to the spillway…

Note lovely bullnose coping…

As you say Robbo, maybe 2 at a time slalomcross…or timed gs…the problem is the runout…THERE IS NONE…unless you use this…

Good find Braden, nice shots too!
Those kids looked a bit young to be there on there own, I hope they had a responsible adult with them :slight_smile:

No adults were present that day… :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh yeh, photos by maddest dog himself…I think there was a jimmy movie somewhere around. I’ll steal that and post it too :wink:

Some of these spots are starting to look very prime and ready for a big big “bankshoot” ???

Tit was a luvly day Braden
Yep there is a vid on this site under one of the threads, i cant remember which.
Sumone will dig it up im sure :smiling_imp:

Endeavour Park, Lithgow NSW… usually dry,

smooth with a nice hump in the middle (bottom end)

one to visit on the way to newtons ,)

maps.google.com/maps?client=safa … 18&iwloc=A

Nice little ditch Brad now bring out the rest of your catalog

Ha, nice one Robbo ,)
oh yeah, I have your mallet/ hammer too!

back to the ditch…

took this pic in 2006 about an 1-2 hours out of Sydney on the way to Canberra (Remembrance Drive/ Hume - Highway 31) - I haven’t spotted it since - it can only be seen sitting high in a van in the left lane - long and fast with the ubiquitous pvc obstacle pipes. soft wheels.

a solid 2/5 if slope and tech slalom is your thing ,)

just before the big orangey pink shed near the Collector turn off between Sydney - Canberra
First Skated in 1997 when it was alot more slick, still very skateable, though needs a bit of weeding ,)

can be seen from the road in both directions…

Another ditch on the way to Canberra, just before Wingecarribee bridge, about 1.5 hours south, difficult to spot, so just look for the sign of the Bridge and hit the breaks… First skated in the 1990s, a decent 40-50m run, though the bottom hasn’t had a clean for a few years… take a shovel ,)

this is the start looking down… 3 foot banks to start

a view from the bottom uphill (steeply) near a to where the above photo ends (5-6" banks)

and the bottom section…

maybe just a 1/5 until it’s cleaned up, soft wheels, gets very steep/ fast!

Added Endeavour Park Drain to GPS POI upload file
skateboardracing.org.au/foru … mment77683

File already has Melton, Kincumber, Springavle, Geehi, drains as well as most skate parks.

Can add others, on request.

Nice list there Bernie, obviously too late now, but a postcode column would be handy for those of us without a gps ,)
I’ll try and include a Google Map link for you to grab the numbers your after for those spots you think worthy of adding, Cheers

Campbelltown Creek NSW

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= … 8&t=h&z=17