CROSS - Canberra Region Old School Skaters

Me, I will be the bald dude with a beard with glasses. Some people say i look like moby, so just look out for moby.

Thats me… Gold!

Only spanner in the works is weather!

Its raining pretty steadily in Manuka… looking out to Weston, its not looking too good out there either.

…RAIN CHECK…

Same time same place next week! :frowning:

Yeah, down for that.

Hey, where were you guy’s…

…nah, just joshin…

see y’all next week

Paul

+C+R+O+S+S+

Had a skate at weston and stirling mini on the weekend. Just to shake all the cobwebs out.

I kind of made a little fat kid have a tumble… He was getting stuck on 50-50 stalls. I just gave him some encouragement “nearly there dude, you can do it” poor dude fell pretty hard from the top of the mini in. The whole skatepark heard/felt it.

No good.

Hey Liam,

nice work with chubby, you know i’ll be looking for a bit of encouragement myself on wednesday night…

.......actually i think i'll be ok.....

seeya wednesday

Paul

+C+R+O+S+S+

beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you’ll suck forever

Dave or Mexi

Would love to know where that place is in your earlier posts (couches and banks amongst pine trees) ?
I have got back into skating this year after a very long break and have been slowly cleaning spence with the aim of having it skateable from one end to the other. My first visits to Spence with broom and shovel were in 1979.

regards
Neil

Hi Neil,
The place your asking about is called the Turtle Bowl. It’s a bit of a Weston Creek secret!

But I’m not from Weston Creek, so fuck it! Here it is:

Take the turn off into Kirkpatrick St. Head into the RSPCA carpark and drive all the way to the end. Turn right and continue driving along the bike path for about 200M. You’ll find Turtle Bowl on your left.

Glad to hear someone has taken in interest in this place. I’m constantly harrassing my mates to get in there to fix it up. The place has so much potential. I hope you find it in decent condition!

Your artwork always amazes me Mexi… love the overbite on the turtle. Must be a weston thing.

“I use my mouse like a spraycan” hahaha :laughing:

Hey Neil,

come on out to Weston skate park tomorrow night, we’re meeting at 8:00, we can show you where the Turtle bowl is and have a skate. Sounds like you’ll fit right in

Paul

+C+R+O+S+S+

The more the merrier!

I am also keen to try to shore up some crew for co-ordination of the Jan Oz Day skate events!

A clean out of Spence would be great, (we can then do the same for Ainslie) I’ll post some shots of some of the pang Clan skatin’ Spence in the late 70’s early 80’s

See ya Weston 8pm Wednesday!

Thanks for the map Mexi. I’ll be down there soon to check it out.

Paul, Dave, hopefully I’ll be able to get to Weston tomorrow night. Anyway, look forward to meeting you soon.

Neil

Lads, it looks like i am going to bail on tonight. Work is getting flat out at the moment as half the place is off sick. I will see what time i finish up and get home, what time do you expect you will be there till?

Slow short cruise tonight.

Early start at work 05:30am, so I am keen to retire early!

How did you boys go? no broken bones?

Good cruise last night;

Paul,
Mike,
Neil &
Dave

Plenty of bikes a couple of young crew rocked up too!

All keen to make this a regular weekly happening!

As the weather warms up and days get longer we can hit up other areas!